string length
sophiphi
Professional
sophiphi
3 years, 10 months ago by sophiphi
how do you know how long to make you string when you make bracelets?
zero_knots
Professional
zero_knots
3 years, 10 months ago by zero_knots
usually it depends on how thick the bracelets are tbh, i usually use 3 feet of string (6 = 2 3 feet strings when folded in a loop) on anything using 14-16 strings and below, but when it comes to anything above that ill usually go to 3.5 feet to sometimes 4 or 5 when i need it, and ofc you can save the string you dont use for alphas (hopefully this helps 🙂)
lesliechap
Advanced
lesliechap
3 years, 10 months ago by lesliechap
i don’t typically make alphas, but for normals at least, i usually do a wingspan if i’m folding my strings in half, and a little over half of my wingspan if i’m cutting my strings individually. i also save all of my scraps for future projects
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
3 years, 10 months ago by Cirivere
i've been using 2metres for most standard normal type bracelets when I fold them in half (for when you do a teardrop loop), sometimes a 2.20 metres if its a thicker one (so far ive been lucky, it got close when a friend had thicc ass wrists and needed a longer than normal bracelet)

make sure to cut any thread you'll use for knotting a loop is longer though, since you'll definitely use more of that colour in the loop knots
ellieslate
Skiller
ellieslate
3 years, 10 months ago by ellieslate
I usually make the strings the length of my wingspan if I am making a bracelet where you fold over the strings.
dariela01
Professional
dariela01
3 years, 10 months ago by dariela01
I normally just do half my wingspan but for strings that I can cut in half I do a complete wingspan
Marieke123
Bracelet King
Marieke123
3 years, 10 months ago by Marieke123
I use 2 meters every time and fold every string in half (loop) 😄
ayovalerie
Advanced
ayovalerie
3 years, 10 months ago by ayovalerie
Usually i like to cut twice my wingspan (which is the length of you fingers to the middle of your chest) plus a little bit more. For alphas cut as much as you need, it all really depends on the alpha pattern.