Alpha tips
minecraft3
Bracelet King
minecraft3
3 years, 10 months ago by minecraft3
When you are switching between colors do you go over or under the other color string? I know you go under the base strings but for the color that you were using right before idk if it looks better if you go over it or under it. Also any other tips to make it neater would be super helpful. Thanks!
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
3 years, 10 months ago by awesome563
When I change colors I do a forward knot then place the string in on top of the base string then make the second part of the knot then I leave the color that was just changed alone until I need it
ajr725
Bracelet King
ajr725
3 years, 10 months ago by ajr725
You should try the flat alpha technique if you haven’t already. Masha Knots has a tutorial on her YouTube channel. This technique really helped me make my alphas look smoother and neater, I recommend giving it a try.
minecraft3
Bracelet King
minecraft3
3 years, 10 months ago by minecraft3
Thank you!! the pattern i was doing switched the colors a lot and i was struggling with keeping the strings organized and keeping the pattern neat.
sarahErvin
Professional
sarahErvin
3 years, 10 months ago by sarahErvin
how do i make my alphas less bumpy for example i was doing this alpha that had cherries on it and the background was flat but the cherries were popping out does anyone have any tips? thanks 🙂
zuzan
Professional
zuzan
3 years, 10 months ago by zuzan
@sarahErvin, use the flat alpha technique, masha knots has a tutorial for this on her channel, you basically change the colours differently
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
3 years, 10 months ago by Moosey
For bumpy alphas I would definitely recommend the flat alpha technique. However, something I didn't know when I was making my first alpha is that it can still be bumpy with the flat alpha technique if you pull the strings in the back too tight. Make sure that when you are switching colors you leave the first half of the knot pretty loose. This makes it less bumpy, especially if you tend to pull your knots super tight like me.