Bracelet hack!!!
mjlgvw
Bracelet King
mjlgvw
3 years, 10 months ago by mjlgvw
I just found out that if you buy DMC and do NOT remove the paper wrappers and pull the loose end it comes out without tangling!
It's wat DMC call a "pullshein" or "Do not remove the label-system".

Did anyone of you know?
sunnylemon
Bracelet King
sunnylemon
3 years, 10 months ago by sunnylemon
i had no idea! thanks!❤️
okbeky
Bracelet King
okbeky
3 years, 10 months ago by okbeky
wait - i'm so confused.. haha i think i have dmc but its like a ball wrapped if that makes sense
Le4nn4
Advanced
Le4nn4
3 years, 10 months ago by Le4nn4
I did this since I started friendship bracelets but I didn't knew it was a thing! Nice to know
mrs_rausch
Bracelet King
mrs_rausch
3 years, 10 months ago by mrs_rausch
I had heard this and have found that as long as you pull the right end, it works! Sometimes if you pull the "inner" string it will still tangle though. I also don't use a full skein at once most of the time so I've had problems where the wrapper will fall off if there isn't enough string to hold it on and then I get big piles of tangled colors. 😢 😂
cewdewd
Professional
cewdewd
3 years, 10 months ago by cewdewd
Oh! I’ll have to remember this when I get more string to wrap on bobbins! Thanks!!
brianne123
Skiller
brianne123
3 years, 10 months ago by brianne123
how do you wrap sting on bobbins? what do you guys use?
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
3 years, 10 months ago by KikiLilou
@brianne123 I normally do it all by hand. I remove the paper, make sure it's not tangled somewhere and just start wrapping it around the bobbin.
But there's also a thread winder you can buy on amazon.
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 8 months ago by Elise64
I heard that you take the thread that is sticking out of the longer piece of paper it won’t get tangled and if both ends are sticking out of that one I think the one that isn’t as frayed is the one you pull. But if you pull one end and it starts to tangle just pull the next one
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 8 months ago by stewon6969
This is incredibly cool! Thank you for informing me!
poplianna
Bracelet King
poplianna
3 years, 8 months ago by poplianna
I always mess this up when I do this and it always gets really tangled and takes me twice as long as it would if I just took off the papers
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 8 months ago by Margaron
This is not a feature exclusive to DMC in fact every brand of string I’ve used is like this. Also a lot of yarn has this feature too, you pull the inner end out and the ball unwo
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 8 months ago by Margaron
**unwinds easier