Pricing bracelets! ✨🧸
KaNoodle
Bracelet King
KaNoodle
3 years, 10 months ago by KaNoodle
Hello! I know how to make bracelets and I would like to start selling them on Etsy or around he neighborhood but need prices. I understand how to price them (time taken, strings, type) but I can’t figure out how to price each thing by. Like, I don’t know how much I should price each hour I work on it or how much for each string. Can I get some help? Thanks! ✨🧸
Hk14
Bracelet King
Hk14
3 years, 10 months ago by Hk14
I sell on Etsy and I try to keep it a standard pricing which is 50 cents per strings (plus shipping). But if you feel that comes up too much or too little you can change it to make the price more reasonable.
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
You can calculate exactly how many dollars’ worth of string you used for the bracelet, then add a few extra dollars for your time
KaNoodle
Bracelet King
KaNoodle
@madeleine_ |~| Oh, okay! Thanks. I’ll most likely use that method! ✨🧸
okbeky
Bracelet King
okbeky
3 years, 10 months ago by okbeky
I think the method mentioned up top ^is a great idea! Iĺl def be using it too! BUt good luck girly! Whatś ur shop?
KaNoodle
Bracelet King
KaNoodle
@okbeky |~| I currently don’t have an Etsy shop, sadly. I plan to in the future, though! Still have to get my parent’s permission. 😔✨☕️
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I sell to friends, family and anybody who asks. My simplest bracelets (candystripe and chinese staircase are $2, I also sell my custom alpha pattern to people if asked for this price but on bracelet book I obviously make them for free when I see requests in the forum) ($3 for chevron, chainlink anything or ones that are pretty simple with loose strings/holes) ($4 for all normal patterns under 15 strings, book marks, keychains and simple anklets) ($5 for bracelets that take a while to make so 15 plus strings of that use expensive thread, I also sell all other alphas at $5) basically after $5 I reasonably price my items based on time and effort spent. So like my starbursts cost $10 which may seem like much but I think it is reasonable. I am always open to negotiations when selling my crafts and I also have $5, $10 and $20 surprise bags which come with a certain amount of items with a different level of quality. I sometimes change my pricing though
KaNoodle
Bracelet King
KaNoodle
@ 2006_Mandy |~| Wowza, thanks! ☺️✨🧸
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
I know it’s a lot.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Message me if you still don’t know what to price your bracelets at. I normally switch my pricing if I find that a pattern is harder and so generally when people ask how much to charge I would need to know the pattern to do it.
-cupqake-
Professional
-cupqake-
3 years, 10 months ago by -cupqake-
You should price your bracelets based on the time spent making them. Example: Candy striped are really easy and quick, while alphas, take a while. So the alpha should sell for more.
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 10 months ago by Shelly2121
I would say 15 cents per string, and $1 per hour you spend making it. So lets use #1 as an example. If it took 1 hour, the total price would be $2.20. When you begin an etsy, dont feel too bad about the prices. If nobody is buying, you need to make more with each purchase. If however your etsy becomes more popular, lower the prices by like 20 cents, so people will be more attracted to buy from you. I used to sell at school, and in one semester, got $20, even if my prices were hella cheap.
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 10 months ago by Shelly2121
Oh, and i was selling rainbow loom.
estrange1
Bracelet King
estrange1
3 years, 10 months ago by estrange1
i haven’t started selling yet, but this is my current idea of pricing if u want some inspiration. 50 cents per string, +1.00 if a pattern is involved (it’s not a chevron, candy stripe, etc), and +1.00 if you can’t segment knot the pattern
amazingme
Bracelet King
amazingme
3 years, 10 months ago by amazingme
Sometimes I find that the 50 cents method is a bit too expensive, so I usually guesstimate based on the the size and strings. So like, if I make a twenty string bracelet, I generally keep it to 7-8 dollars, and may reduce or add based on how complicated the pattern
natnat1012
Advanced
natnat1012
3 years, 8 months ago by natnat1012
At this one point I started to sell my bracelet but I stoped I didn’t make much but I what I did I charged 1 dollar for each bracelet bc I took about 3-4 days on working on bracelets so I charged 1.50 bc of the cost of thread for a custom one I charged 2.30