This new wall hanging trend
Spinjitsu
Professional
Spinjitsu
3 years, 10 months ago by Spinjitsu
What are some good sticks to use to tie your base strings onto, and where can I get them? Also, how do you tie on the strings that make it hang?
jesmc2129
Bracelet King
jesmc2129
3 years, 10 months ago by jesmc2129
In any craft store or on amazon you can find dowels, which look really nice. Not sure about how to tie on your strings (I bead my wall hangings, so it’s a different technique. Gonna bump the second part of the question so someone else will help you there)
TiedUp
Professional
TiedUp
3 years, 10 months ago by TiedUp
Yeah like what was already said, you can use any wooden dowel from a craft store. Also, you could use wooden skewers or you can even go outside and find a thin tree branch, which can give a cool aesthetic (especially if the pattern is nature themed). For the second question, you attach the strings using a "lark knot". For more of a visual though you can watch this youtube video by KnotLikeTheOthers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCHUydDueYY.
Spinjitsu
Professional
Spinjitsu
Thanks! @jesmc2129
Spinjitsu
Professional
Spinjitsu
@TiedUp Thank you! I know the lark's head knot, I just don't know how to make the hangy part...
discoball
Bracelet King
discoball
3 years, 10 months ago by discoball
@Spinjitsu knot like the others' youtube video includes how to do the hangy part! I used her video instructions a few times and it works well!
landrenee
Bracelet King
landrenee
3 years, 10 months ago by landrenee
i didn't have wooden dowels in my house so i cut down a straw and used that haha, not the best solution but it got the job done when i was impatient
Hk14
Bracelet King
Hk14
3 years, 10 months ago by Hk14
I think I’ve seen wooden dowels at the dollar store but I just cut a pencil down and use that 😂
Spinjitsu
Professional
Spinjitsu
Thanks everyone! I'll try it out
KFNK
Bracelet King
KFNK
3 years, 9 months ago by KFNK
I find tying a clove hitch can work well, especially if you're using something slippery where a lark's knot won't hold. I've tied mine on to chopsticks, which works fairly well.
effected
Bracelet King
effected
3 years, 9 months ago by effected
also chopsticks work great if you're fine with the stick being a little bit bigger
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 9 months ago by stewon6969
You can buy wooden dowell sticks on Amazon!
tacocats3
Skiller
tacocats3
3 years, 9 months ago by tacocats3
You could also you skewers if that works too! they are a little thin but work for me! 🙂
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 9 months ago by sockkat
You can also get dowels of various sizes and lengths at hardware stores. You may need to cut them to size. Maybe pick up some fine grit sandpaper to smooth out the cut area and/or remove splinters.
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 8 months ago by jadeflwr13
dowels work really good. skewers might be too thin and break too easily, and i know that you can definitely find a lot of smaller dowels at craft stores. i recommend sanding down the ends so you don’t get hurt though 🎠💌🎡🍓
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 8 months ago by nev_m_07
I just use chopsticks that I got from the Chinese restaurant 😂