starting/ending large number alpha patterns
dreamer93
Advanced
dreamer93
3 years, 11 months ago by dreamer93
Very new to alpha patterns and I have no clue what to do with all the strings. The pattern says 30 strings but it has 29 base which is where I'm getting thrown off. Normally I would just fold the strings and tie a loop. I read about the triangle method but it looks messy. not sure if its because of the amount or because I'm doing something wrong though. I hope someone can help me.
arf820
arf820
3 years, 11 months ago by arf820
i agree the dimensions are very misleading because it includes the first leading string in addition to the base strings. since you’re new to alpha patterns i would recommend starting your alphas by taping your base strings to your workspace before attempting triangle ends. also start very simple. i would recommend finding an alpha with 15 base strings or less and with two or three colors. any alphas like that are very beginner friendly. also watch and follow youtube tutorials by masha knots, alex’s innovations, kinsey b, etc! hope that helps! 🙂
dreamer93
Advanced
dreamer93
3 years, 11 months ago by dreamer93
Thank you so much @arf820 for all the tips. All I was ever told was to start with 2 color patterns. I'm defiantly going to put the one I was planning to do on hold, and start a different one then. Thank you again. hopefully I will get the hang of triangle ends sooner or later and can do the original pattern.
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
3 years, 11 months ago by awesome563
I just make 2 loops and I don’t worry about a start (you can see what I’m talking about in my photos), also when there’s an uneven amount of string I do a loop with the leading string and I don’t cut it and instead start the bracelet with that string.