I'm not the happiest with my alphas, can I get some help if possible?
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
3 years, 11 months ago by Carina_C
I tend to stay away from alphas because the knots always end up long and stretch the pattern. The bracelet looks knitted and that get on my nerves especially. Anyone know how to make the knots shorter and more like a square grid than a grid with rectangles? 🙈
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 11 months ago by madeleine_
They’re always going to be a little rectangular, but there are some things you can do to make them closer to being squares. Make sure you tie your knots tightly, and make sure that both halves of the knot are tight, if that makes sense. Tying the first half of the knot loosely and then the second half really tightly to make up for it won’t work. That being said, make sure your knots aren’t TOO tight, especially around color changes where you’re bringing a string across the back of the bracelet
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
@madeleine_ Thank you! I'll try another alpha with this advice in hopes of better results. I was tying slightly looser then really tight knots like I do on regular bracelets like you mentioned so I think i goofed there for sure.
Pichu10
Bracelet King
Pichu10
3 years, 11 months ago by Pichu10
it really comes down to practice. Just pracite and you will get better 😊
john_cady
Bracelet King
john_cady
3 years, 11 months ago by john_cady
@Carina_C You should watch Masha Knot’s video on alpha tips.
Char1120
Bracelet King
Char1120
3 years, 11 months ago by Char1120
@Carina_C you should try watching tutorials on alpha bracelets because they include many tips and techniques that have helped me improve on my alpha bracelets. I suggest watching Masha Knots’ video on alpha bracelets.
effected
Bracelet King
effected
3 years, 11 months ago by effected
honestly just practicing is the best way to go. don't get discouraged if they don't turn out the best, no one is perfect their first time doing something. another tip is to find a good way of securing your bracelet that works for you and using that same way of securing throughout the entire bracelet! 😊
Carina_C
Bracelet King
Carina_C
Thank's a bunch for all the tips you guys!