how do you keep bracelets from fading over time?
grcleven
Bracelet King
grcleven
3 years, 11 months ago by grcleven
Is there a good like waterproofing spray or anything you’d recommend???
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 11 months ago by halokiwi
I haven't tried it but you could use the same spray you use to make shoes and clothing waterproof.

Another solution would be to avoid getting the bracelet wet and maybe in extension also avoid too much sun.
merv_33
Professional
merv_33
3 years, 11 months ago by merv_33
To keep bracelets from fading put some Lemon 🍋 juice on it. It preserves the colors and keeps them looking good as new.
erincostaa
Bracelet King
erincostaa
3 years, 11 months ago by erincostaa
for me, if i don't wear my bracelets their color stays pretty well, but the ones i wear pretty often tend to fade a little bit. (don't know if that really helps at all lol)
Le4nn4
Advanced
Le4nn4
3 years, 11 months ago by Le4nn4
How often do you put lemon juice ? And do you dilute into some water then spray it? I have pretty cheap thread and I'm afraid this could be too strong and damage it
Thanks for everyone's advices!
grcleven
Bracelet King
grcleven
3 years, 11 months ago by grcleven
@merv_33 do you dilute the lemon juice or anything? and do you use a spray bottle for it? I really want to try that out but I'm worried if I just put a couple drops on it'll burn through the thread or something haha
merv_33
Professional
merv_33
@grcleven you can just squeeze a couple drops on and use your finger to spread it around
ELKARS
Bracelet King
ELKARS
3 years, 11 months ago by ELKARS
@merv_33 if i put on lemon juice, then later on it gets wet, will I need to put more?
merv_33
Professional
merv_33
@ELKARS no as long as you let the lemon juice dry or “soak in” you should be fine. You can add more if you think you need it.
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
3 years, 10 months ago by awesome563
I would make ties on both ends and use an adjustable loop so you can take it off if your spending an extended amount of time outdoors or going swimming (I also tell when to cut off the bracelets when it starts to fade too much).
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 10 months ago by Margaron
@merv_33 really?! I find that very interesting as people use it to naturally lighten their hair and underarms etc. 🤔 however I could see it potentially preventing the bleeding of dye in the strings as people use vinegar sometimes to lock the colours in fabric. Perhaps I’ll have to look into this some more.
amazingme
Bracelet King
amazingme
3 years, 10 months ago by amazingme
I use lemon juice as well, and it's pretty good. I just use 2-3 drops at a time though, if you put more you'll have the opposite effects of what you want.
amazingme
Bracelet King
amazingme
3 years, 10 months ago by amazingme
There's another weird trick though that I have yet to try. Apparently, if you wash them under cold water and a little salt, that works, or if you soak them in vinegar and leave them out to dry in the sun. I'm hesitant about the vinegar tho