Bracelet King
aditi110
3 years, 11 months ago by aditi110
sorry for posting this twice it was an accident 😂
EBPacker2
Bracelet King
EBPacker2
3 years, 11 months ago by EBPacker2
Usually for me, I will do an arms length for my string. Also, if you notice in a pattern that there is one color being used repeatedly, such as in the starburst pattern #25054 the darkest purple string would have to be cut longer because it is used more. Also, if you start with a triangle start and/or a teardrop loop. The color used for the loop should be roughlt 2-5 inches longer to accomodate for that. I hope that helps.
sophia2212
Skiller
sophia2212
3 years, 11 months ago by sophia2212
I do my wingspan but it really depends on the bracelet, just to be on the safe side though I would do your wingspan and fold in half.
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
3 years, 11 months ago by JCai1998
For normal bracelet patterns, I use my arm span & sometimes my height, then I add 6 or 8 more inches for one string for the loop.
juliamargr
Skiller
juliamargr
3 years, 11 months ago by juliamargr
As others have said, wingspan length that is then folded in half is always a great place to start! It's better to make your string longer than you think you'll need as you can always cut off the excess and use it for another smaller bracelet, in an alpha or in a scrap bracelet. You can also get an idea for which strings need to be longer if you make a pattern more than once and note how much excess of each color you had 🙂