How much should I sell bracelets for?
anna_knots
Bracelet King
anna_knots
3 years, 11 months ago by anna_knots
Hi, I am a new knotter and have a problem with making new bracelets but never wearing them. I came up with the idea of creating an etsy shop, and my parents agree that would be a good thing to do, under one condition, I have to have reasonable prices. Can someone tell me what they sell theirs for? Thanks so much!
Sarah246
Bracelet King
Sarah246
3 years, 11 months ago by Sarah246
I don’t sell bracelets, but what type are you making? Alphas typically charge more, and you should take into consideration how much time it took you to possibly price it at an hourly cost. I know some people base it off of a price per strings an colors, there’s really many ways to do it. Hope this helps a bit 😊
Craftanati
Bracelet King
Craftanati
3 years, 11 months ago by Craftanati
Also, what are your parents' ideas of "reasonable" prices? I have seen all kinds of artists undercharge their work because they don't factor in the TIME that it takes to create these things! I've never sold bracelets so I can't exactly tell you how to factor in time spent with prices, but definitely do your research. If there is a higher price on an item that they don't like for whatever reason, I would make sure they first understand this. 🙂
anna_knots
Bracelet King
anna_knots
Thanks so much! I will definitly take the time factor into consideration. My parents just want me to make sure that I am getting enough money for my hard work. My main type of bracelet is normal, but every once in a while I will slip in a occaisianal alpha.
isabellew7
Bracelet King
isabellew7
3 years, 11 months ago by isabellew7
It for sure depends on the time!! I sell some of my thinner normal bracelets since it is popular in my time to wear them as anklets, and I’ll usually charge 2 dollars a bracelet depending- but certain alphas I would have to charge like 15 due to the hours I had to put it!! It solely depends on the time you spend and the audience you’re selling to!! (((:
Pippa
Bracelet King
Pippa
3 years, 11 months ago by Pippa
I do $1 per hour and 50¢ per string
anna_knots
Bracelet King
anna_knots
Thank you @Pippa!
ELKARS
Bracelet King
ELKARS
3 years, 11 months ago by ELKARS
I have never sold bracelets, but I would say you should charge for the amount of time you took to make the bracelet, how much the string cost you, and most importantly which type of bracelet! Like a normal pattern should be cheaper than an alpha. Also, lets say you make a candy stripe with 10 strings and one with 18. The one with 18 strings would probably take you more time, so it should be a bit more expensive than the 10 string one.
Hope this helped! 😛
@ELKARS
AwesomeGrl
Bracelet King
AwesomeGrl
3 years, 11 months ago by AwesomeGrl
I have never sold my bracelets so take this with a huge grain of salt:

TIPS & IDEAS:
I think that you should really get your money's worth! My parents think that I do so much work to make these so I shouldn't sell them, and if I do, it should be worth the time. I recommend looking at the price that others sell their bracelets at, and get an idea. If you think that their price is too high, then you can lower the price in yours, and if you think that it's too low, you can higher the price on yours.

WHAT I WOULD DO:
What I would do is imagine that I'm the customer. What would I buy bracelets at? Is my current price reasonable? Depending on the answer, I would think if a price that's reasonable.

Hope this helped you out!😋
xojenz
Bracelet King
xojenz
3 years, 11 months ago by xojenz
alphas maybe about 10-15 depending on how many strings, I've seen people sell them for 50 , I think that's way too much. normal patterns should be about 6-12
kmcbride
Skiller
kmcbride
3 years, 11 months ago by kmcbride
I’ve never sold before either but what @xojenz says makes sense and is reasonable to me! I would do at least $1 per hour you worked on it and then choose how much more! also take into account if you’re doing free shipping or not, and if you aren’t keep it reasonable. If you are shipping for free that add a dollar or two
anna_knots
Bracelet King
anna_knots
Thank you so much!
Tango27
Bracelet King
Tango27
3 years, 11 months ago by Tango27
You may want to ask @Racoon because she sells hers on Etsy!
Groot_baby
Bracelet King
Groot_baby
3 years, 11 months ago by Groot_baby
Me and my friend sell them and our prices are around $2-$5 but it sometimes changes for reasons( ex the bracelet is really thick it could be $6 or $8). So it really depends on your opinion and the bracelets you sell.
-avarxse-
Bracelet King
-avarxse-
3 years, 11 months ago by -avarxse-
@Groot_baby I think those prices are way too cheap. For the normal ones make it 6-8 and bigger is 12-16, so you get your moneys worth
hottamales
Bracelet King
hottamales
3 years, 11 months ago by hottamales
time is definitely a factor, and so is material cost. like some rlly fancy thread even if its a simple bracelet should cost a little extra
estellajw
Professional
estellajw
3 years, 11 months ago by estellajw
charge by hour! i do $5 per hour and if a bracelet takes me 8 hours i sell it for $40. it seems like a lot but it’s a work of art that should be valued
ejnagel
Bracelet King
ejnagel
3 years, 11 months ago by ejnagel
you should sell them depending on time and strong