pls tell me how to segment knot. PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!!!
Mahi
Bracelet King
Mahi
4 years ago by Mahi
HOW TO SEGMENT KNOT?
spotarson
Bracelet King
spotarson
4 years ago by spotarson
So I’m not a good explainer but masha knots on YouTube has a good explanation! I personally found it helpful learning segment knotting with a teardrop loop start because from there it made it easier for me!
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
4 years ago by taelor
Basically you look at the pattern and find a group of knots with the same string. Then you do those knots. And keep repeating that! But yes watch Masha Knots!
knotmyname
Bracelet King
knotmyname
4 years ago by knotmyname
Also, @halokiwi has a tutorial on how to segment know. The visuals and explanations are very clear.
arf820
arf820
4 years ago by arf820
if you know how to make a chevron and/or candystripe you most likely knot how to segment knot. basically you are taking a diagonal line that is one color and knotting it all the way through. so that’s why if you are doing a chevron you do have of the v shape with forward knots and the other half with backward knots. with a candystripe you just do rows of forward knots or backward knots. on all of masha knot’s pattern tutorials she segment knots the pattern. segment knotting can be very challenging and daunting to start with but it gets so much easier and so much more fun with practice. i recommend watching her tutorials and following along before attempting to segment knot a pattern yourself. hope that helps🙂
Mahi
Bracelet King
Mahi
4 years ago by Mahi
I watch Masha knots but it still did not help
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
4 years ago by Shelly2121
How about this? Go look at pattern #2. You see how there are four forward then four backward knots on each side? You do them all at once instead of following the row number, then do the knot in the middle. You basically group the knots of the same kind and color.
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
I meant three forward and backward knots
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
Look at #36996.
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
Do the first three black knots, then the two greens, then the three light greens. Do the one black knot at the corner. Do the little light pink v on the side then do the black knots. You get the idea. You group the knots, then do all the same knots at once.
zoeyllm
Bracelet King
zoeyllm
4 years ago by zoeyllm
Basically, segment knotting is doing your knots in segments instead of going row by row. The purpose of this is to save time and make your bracelet neater. If you know how to do candystripe or chevron, you probably are already doing this. When you can identify segments by finding rows of diagonal knots. Then you try to find a reasonable order in which to do the segments. I hope this helps!
tmcdougald
Skiller
tmcdougald
4 years ago by tmcdougald
@Mahi there is a tutorial on it in the tutorials section
Lilli_A
Advanced
Lilli_A
3 years, 11 months ago by Lilli_A
Okay, well segment knotting only works with some bracelets. Find a pattern with a super tiny triangle in the middle at the very top. (It should be 3 strings in that tiny triangle) and then knot that, amd find the triangle right outside of that and knot that, and so on. Most bracelets I do I segment knot because for me its easier.
rkade
Bracelet King
rkade
3 years, 11 months ago by rkade
masha knots’ tutorial didn’t fully make sense to me. I recommend using the photo in the tutorial section of bracelet book. it really helped me