alphas and switching colours
spotarson
Bracelet King
spotarson
4 years ago by spotarson
i find my alphas stop looking good once I switch colours.. not sure what I am doing wrong. I use the same brand of thread and straight edge technique but when i switch colours it just doesn't look very good.
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
4 years ago by taelor
You could try the flat alpha technique and try to be consistent with how you are changing your colors
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
4 years ago by taelor
Hope this helps
knotmyname
Bracelet King
knotmyname
4 years ago by knotmyname
@spotarson I have the same trouble with alphas. I find that the bracelet starts bunching whenever I do lots of color changes. The only way I've found to remedy this is to push the knot into place so that it lines up with the knot above it. It takes me twice as long to make an alpha bracelet as it does a normal bracelet because I spend so much time making sure individual knots are in the right place, but the finished product looks much better.

Also, another poster suggested that I not pull too tightly on the back strings when I'm switching colors - this helps a lot! It prevents bunching and the knots are more likely to line up properly.

I hope this helps!
oddgymnast
Bracelet King
oddgymnast
3 years, 12 months ago by oddgymnast
I would use the masha knots flat edges technique!❤️❤️✌🏻✌🏻
brr
Professional
brr
3 years, 12 months ago by brr
When I make alphas and have to switch colors I pull the string behind and straight up from where it ended, if you keep the strings super organized I find that it ends up pretty good. Sorry if this didn't make a lot of sense.