Back side of alpha bracelets
z3w1ly
Bracelet King
z3w1ly
4ย years ago by z3w1ly
Hey guys. Do any of you sew fabric or felt to the backs of your alpha bracelets and keychains? The backs of my bracelets always turn out super messy because of changing the thread colours. Does anyone have tips for covering the back to make it look neater?
kodafaithh
Skiller
kodafaithh
4ย years ago by kodafaithh
I personally donโ€™t care about how the backs of my bracelets look, but if you care then adding felt or cloth can make it pretty neat. I just find it to be too much of an extra hassle.
kodafaithh
Skiller
kodafaithh
4ย years ago by kodafaithh
As for key chains, Iโ€™ve seen people do double sided key chains and just sew the two sides together (like in the middle) and I find that looks very nice and adds dimension!
Romy4
Bracelet King
Romy4
4ย years ago by Romy4
The alphas with only two colours are the same on both sides if you use the second colour for the base sting and do backward knots onto the leading string. I prefer these as the back looks just as neat as the front ๐Ÿ˜Š
z3w1ly
Bracelet King
z3w1ly
4ย years ago by z3w1ly
@kodafaithh I like double-sided keychains too, the only bad part is that they take twice as long to make...
z3w1ly
Bracelet King
z3w1ly
4ย years ago by z3w1ly
@Romy4 That's a great idea! I usually make alphas by switching the threads, even if they are only 2 colours, but using the base strings to knot would make the back less messy for sure. I'm definitely going to try that.
wynokeefe
Professional
wynokeefe
4ย years ago by wynokeefe
For my keychain I tend to use blank felt and glue it on to the back. I think it looks pretty good as Iโ€™m not great at sewing.