How do you stay motivated?
GemmaEliz
Skiller
GemmaEliz
4 years ago by GemmaEliz
I love making bracelets, but the idea of having to start one is just so tedious! Once I’ve started then I’ll happily spend most of the day doing it, but when I think about choosing colours, cutting the strings to length and getting the shaped start done I end up doing the whole “I’ll start one later” for like a month. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you push past it??
owleybrd
Bracelet King
owleybrd
4 years ago by owleybrd
Watching masha knots tends to make me motivated. And even when I’m about to watch a movie or listen to some music for a while I’ll pull out my clipboard and pattern and start knotting. Put on some tunes and think! Look at some patterns and even pictures of bracelets that others have made! That seems to keep me motivated!
lilhamster
Professional
lilhamster
4 years ago by lilhamster
Looking at bracelets on insta seeing all the interesting pattens watching bracelets videos and music or tv shows
flyingduck
Professional
flyingduck
4 years ago by flyingduck
You could do a knot-with-me with Masha Knots, it gets me going.
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
Watch bracelet YouTube videos
idziellie
Skiller
idziellie
4 years ago by idziellie
make a goal or something bigger than just finishing the bracelet like mother’s day and you want to finish two bracelets for it. you can also watch netflix and youtube while you’re knotting. if you need to take a break go out side and then you can come back relaxed and motivated idk if this helps but
emilyyyyy
Skiller
emilyyyyy
4 years ago by emilyyyyy
i have inspiration for bracelets on like almost every app i use; pinterest, tiktok, instagram, braceletbook and it keeps me motivated seeing cute bracelets and colour schemes and patterns to try out. monthly challenges are also a great way to set a goal and work towards it.
Romy4
Bracelet King
Romy4
4 years ago by Romy4
I knot when I’m bored and have nothing to do which recently is most of the time. I also watch Netflix, prime etc at the same time.
mikaljksun
Bracelet King
mikaljksun
4 years ago by mikaljksun
i like to work on several bracelets at a time. it keeps me busy so i don’t get bored of one pattern
14sydney14
Bracelet King
14sydney14
4 years ago by 14sydney14
I get inspired by looking at other creators on instagram and see the beautiful bracelets they make. I also watch YouTube or Netflix or listen to music while making a bracelet.
kml
Professional
kml
4 years ago by kml
I like to watch a show while making a bracelet it always helps because your not just focusing on one thing but if that dose not help I also work on several bracelets in shorter amounts
narwhal16
Bracelet King
narwhal16
4 years ago by narwhal16
I do an online meeting meeting with my friend and we watch a movie together. Also, we can talk so we have company.
mayaknots
Bracelet King
mayaknots
4 years ago by mayaknots
Haha i feel the same way when it comes to starting a new bracelet. I finally organized my floss, one box has all my colors another box has color combinations so that I won’t spend too much time trying to pick those out. And once everything else Is done then I complete the first 23 steps or however many steps there are and then feel accomplished. All while binge watching supernatural!!
hottamales
Bracelet King
hottamales
4 years ago by hottamales
Sometimes I get that way too. Honestly, its ok to take a "break" from making bracelets for a week. Fun ways to stay motivated for me include buying new strings (even if it just two or three fancy skeins like metallic) looking at photos and patterns that inspire me, and picking a bracelet that YOU really want to wear. I know they're called friendship bracelets and all, but treat yourself to a fancy pattern that you cannot wait to finsh and wear.
talamer
Bracelet King
talamer
4 years ago by talamer
well i usually listen to music for some reason it helps me a lot but i'm still slow at it:/
lesliechap
Advanced
lesliechap
3 years, 12 months ago by lesliechap
I typically just watch shows or listen to music while doing it! I also sometimes make things for other people which makes both me and them happy 🙂 i also look at the string and bobbins and stuff whenever i visit walmart and I get excited. Watching mashaknots on youtube motivates me a lot too 🙂
sheepie
Bracelet King
sheepie
3 years, 12 months ago by sheepie
Audiobooks!
julie75hvt
Advanced
julie75hvt
3 years, 12 months ago by julie75hvt
in the beginnig its difficult to start but once i am a little bit farther i watch something on youtube or netflix. you can also watch knot with me videos
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
3 years, 12 months ago by awesomelgk
I actually like doing the start, but I do it while my family is watching TV. That's actually when I do the whole bracelet 😅
Tango27
Bracelet King
Tango27
3 years, 12 months ago by Tango27
I just try to pick bracelets that have photos and then you know your hard work will b worth it cause u have a bracelet that will look good!😀