starting bracelets
mmalone
Bracelet King
mmalone
4 years ago by mmalone
how do you guys start your bracelets? if you look at my pictures, my start is always a little messy. i’ve seen people do perfect starts and i have no idea how!
rkade
Bracelet King
rkade
4 years ago by rkade
I make them adjustable or with a tear drop loop
rkade
Bracelet King
rkade
4 years ago by rkade
Normal loops are too hard for me
arf820
arf820
4 years ago by arf820
i start my bracelets with either a teardrop loop, loop with one triangle end, loop with two triangle ends, or one triangle end with no loop. masha knots has tutorials for all these starts and she’s how i learned how to do all these different starts. if you need help i totally recommend checking out her channel!
Eliza109
Professional
Eliza109
4 years ago by Eliza109
I do a knotted loop with triangle ends or a teardrop loop. If it’s an odd number of strings, I do braids with triangle ends o
lilhamster
Professional
lilhamster
4 years ago by lilhamster
I either make a teardrop loop or triangle ends with twisted or braided ties practice will help and tutorials masha knots on have very good ones hope that help feel free to message me if you have any other questions ☺️
Katie_H42
Bracelet King
Katie_H42
4 years ago by Katie_H42
I either do a teardrop loop or a normal loop depending on whether or not I wanna make it adjustable. Depending on the day/bracelet, sometimes I also just do a simple braid or twist!
dimondgirl
Professional
dimondgirl
4 years ago by dimondgirl
Ok so I started an alpha and I didn't do a staring loop or anything now I don't know what to do help
KenzieKnot
Professional
KenzieKnot
4 years ago by KenzieKnot
i tpyically do one of those knotted loop thingys, and then i’ll start my bracelet from there. you can check out my photos for an example. i don’t know how if i explained it all that good.
arf820
arf820
4 years ago by arf820
@dimondgirl you can start an alpha without a loop! just tape your base strings to your workspace and start knotting with your leading string!
dimondgirl
Professional
dimondgirl
4 years ago by dimondgirl
@arf820 i did start it like that but it's not long at all so I don't know how I'm gonna tie it at the begging without long strings I don't know if that made sense
arf820
arf820
4 years ago by arf820
@dimondgirl you can divide the string off into small sections and make little knots at the top of each section to create a bookmark. or you can try a braid or twisted ties to see if it is in fact long enough. another option is crimp ends (you’d have to watch the masha knots youtube tutorial for that since i’ve actually never tried using them before). i hope that gave you some ideas!
babymilk
Professional
babymilk
4 years ago by babymilk
I usually do triangle starts
effected
Bracelet King
effected
4 years ago by effected
if you want the loop to look better and not as lopsided (mine used to always look like that), use a binder clip to hold the loop down rather than tape. it helps a lot to keep the loop secured and it makes it a lot easier to connect either side of the teardrop as well.
KenzieKnot
Professional
KenzieKnot
1. i am living for your profile picture!!! iconic, honestly. 2. i only really make chevrons but when i do, i do a knotted loop and then i just start my chevron as i would normally!! it looks all right imo. when i do the knot that ties the 2 sides together, i tie my first half of the knot as tight as i can, and i get someone to hold their finger on that knot (as if i was using their finger to tie a bow... you know what i mean?? how people do that?) and then for the second part of the knot i tie it all the way to the finger thats there and then i keep pulling and when i tell the person to lift up the finger the knot slides right in before there is anytime for the first half to loosen up! if you need more help with my explanation meet me in the dms!!
KenzieKnot
Professional
KenzieKnot
haha im dead i commented twice on this my bad!! 💀💀💀💀