my fingers hurt from too much knotting!!!
ariellaaaa
Bracelet King
ariellaaaa
4 years ago by ariellaaaa
I’ve been making sooo many bracelets and my fingers hurt so bad, they’re getting all cut up and split. I’ve tried bandaids while I knot but nothing’s really helping. Anyone have any ideas or also have this problem?
knottahti
knottahti
4 years ago by knottahti
try letting them heal and then next time try putting on some good moisturizing lotion before hand!!
lilhamster
Professional
lilhamster
4 years ago by lilhamster
Wrapping the finger with a small pics of fabric trying to switch the finger you knot with
jazlyn05
Bracelet King
jazlyn05
4 years ago by jazlyn05
If I get blisters or anything I usually put on a band aid or just stop for now and finish my bracelet (this actually happened yesterday lmao)
mmalone
Bracelet King
mmalone
4 years ago by mmalone
i make a lot of bracelets and this doesn’t happen with me. i would suggest that if you are getting blisters it would be because you’re rubbing your fingers on the string. once you have gripped the string itself, try keeping your hand in that same place until you have to tighten the knot at the top. i would also try getting those really thick bandaids that you get at school. you could also try to not grip you string as tightly until you need to. i hope this helps 🙂
erintolsma
Bracelet King
erintolsma
4 years ago by erintolsma
I usually just knot through the pain. Then my fingers get all calloused and now my skin is used to it
shrekelmo
Bracelet King
shrekelmo
4 years ago by shrekelmo
Yeah I have the same problem but if you wait a couple days (I know it's very hard haha) then you start back at it again your fingers will be tougher in those places and it will be easier the more you do it!
emisstuff
Professional
emisstuff
4 years ago by emisstuff
This will sound kind of gross, but after a while, you'll probably end up developing calluses where your fingers would get hurt. It's similar to how guitar players often times have calluses on their fingers from pressing down on strings.
zoeyllm
Bracelet King
zoeyllm
4 years ago by zoeyllm
This is more of an after the fact solution, but what I do is I apply LOTS of lotion and soak my hands in cold water.
zarahlmao
Bracelet King
zarahlmao
4 years ago by zarahlmao
as many people already stated, i would maybe take a break for a couple days. or try knotting a little looser. i knot sort of tight, but i’ve never gotten hurt from knotting. also, lotion would most likely help a lot, due to it moisturizing the fingers and making the thread go through the finger. hope this helped a little bit-!!