consistent alpha knots
32nadiamay
Advanced
32nadiamay
4ย years ago by 32nadiamay
My forward and backward knots have a pretty dramatic diagonal look but some look straight and neat. Also when I do color switches it is really hit or miss if it is going to be too thick, too tight, or clean. Is there any hacks for making more consistent alpha knots?
OliviaNotO
Skiller
OliviaNotO
4ย years ago by OliviaNotO
Ok so I did some research since I have the same problem too (I'm originally from the chat), and I have come up with 2 things to try.
1) when tying the knot make sure your pulling close to the knot. What I mean is, when pulling the knot into position instead of having your hand pulling the knot from far away, get it as close to the knot as possible. If you want a video showing what I mean go to Masha Knots video titled, "Basic Knots" and go to the time stamp 3:34
2) When pulling string try not to pull it off to the side (like towards the side of the bracelet) and instead pull more upwards (towards the top of the bracelets.
chloexnau
Bracelet King
chloexnau
4ย years ago by chloexnau
helpful!
32nadiamay
Advanced
32nadiamay
4ย years ago by 32nadiamay
Yeah those are some good tips! I never thought about the close knot thing, I definitely pull from really far away most of the time haha
Addibug
Bracelet King
Addibug
4ย years ago by Addibug
You should definitely watch masha knots beginner alpha tutorial and tips and a lot of her beginners videos! They help you grow and become a better bracelet weaver!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4ย years ago by Someone_
If you think of it as a clock, when making your knots hold the base string in the 6 o'clock position and when you pull your leading string have it positioned at 12 o'clock. You could also try pulling your background string slightly tighter, some knots just need that extra pull to sit right. Also pulling on the base strings after a few rows tends to sort some misplaced knots out.
As for colour changes, if you're using the 'Flat Alpha Technique' I find that when I bring the old colour down (to knot over it), if I position it diagonally across the base string it gives a more cleaner look overall.