how to alpha
ljpierce
Skiller
ljpierce
4ย years, 1ย month ago by ljpierce
I have been doing bracelets for around six years and I want to try an alpha one. What are the best tutorial videos? I am thinking of trying pattern #25976. What are the best tricks to help?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4ย years, 1ย month ago by halokiwi
MashaKnots has some really cool tutorials. Just search for her name and "alpha tutorial" on YouTube. The videos might also be linked in the video section on braceletbook.

There are different ways of doing alphas. Masha has tutorials for both of them. The way that seems to be generally prefered seems to be the straight alpha technique.
Sarah246
Bracelet King
Sarah246
4ย years, 1ย month ago by Sarah246
Hi, I also tried starting with a space alpha, and I donโ€™t really recommend it, as it is much more difficult than others due to the number of colors. I would recommend trying a simpler one first, then doing that one, although you can do that one first of you want! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4ย years, 1ย month ago by Someone_
Alex'sInnovations is another YouTuber, she has an alternative way for the shaped beginning to Alpha's, if that interests you then definitely check that out.
As for tricks, I would recommend starting with patterns that use two colours, and 12 strings for the base (you can filter those patterns out when searching for a pattern with those credentials). When you're confident with those, you could then move up to other patterns.
Another tip would be to pay close attention to your tension, try and find a happy medium between tight and loose. And also make sure to use strings that are all the same thickness, preferably brands too. If you use all sorts of different strings (excluding base strings) you will find that your bracelet will warp.
If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to help. ๐Ÿ™‚