Motivation Issues
plant-dad
Bracelet King
plant-dad
4 years, 1 month ago by plant-dad
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any tips for motivation to make bracelets? I get distracted really easily, so it’s hard to get motivated and keep my interest. Anything helps!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
I find my general feelings towards a pattern plays a big part asto how fast I complete it. If its a pattern I really like/love, then I will stick to making it for literally hours. If I'm not all crazy about it I will take ages to complete it. Maybe the same goes for you?
I love listening to music, or audio books when knotting too. Watching TV is also great.
cbb_knots
Professional
cbb_knots
4 years, 1 month ago by cbb_knots
I like to look online or like on Pinterest and there are lots of rly cool and thick bracelets on there so it rly motivates me to keep going so I can get better and my bracelets will look like those... idk if that is what u were looking for tho😂
livife0816
Professional
livife0816
4 years, 1 month ago by livife0816
I get distracted easily as well, so generally, I listen to music or a podcast to help keep my ADD mind at bay.
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
4 years, 1 month ago by So_Knotty
Same just do them in small bits and DO NOT GIVE UP
NewB_Knots
Advanced
NewB_Knots
4 years, 1 month ago by NewB_Knots
Netflix is always a great help for me! It takes bit longer to finish a bracelet but I don't get as bored. Also for me I like alphas and instead of repeating the pattern for the length I make the length background colour and put the pattern in the center. That way u don't have to think much about doing the length and you can watch TV and then take a quick break for the pattern bit. I'm not great with words sorry, but hope this helps! 👍 Also thinking of the things I could do for a picture helps 😉.
NewB_Knots
Advanced
NewB_Knots
4 years, 1 month ago by NewB_Knots
Netflix is always a great help for me! It takes bit longer to finish a bracelet but I don't get as bored. Also for me I like alphas and instead of repeating the pattern for the length I make the length background colour and put the pattern in the center. That way u don't have to think much about doing the length and you can watch TV and then take a quick break for the pattern bit. I'm not great with words sorry, but hope this helps! 👍 Also thinking of the things I could do for a picture helps 😉.
ecote8
Bracelet King
ecote8
4 years, 1 month ago by ecote8
If I’m stuck on choosing a pattern, I usually look on the challenge forum and I am inspired to complete those patterns. When I’m stuck on choosing colors, I resort to Pinterest or instagram. You can find combinations and use similar colors. It’s also fun for me to look at photos and and variations amongst the website
SunCrafts
Professional
SunCrafts
4 years ago by SunCrafts
Have many bracelets on the go at the same time. Also you can watch some Netflix, listen to music/podcasts or FaceTime someone whilst doing it to pass the time. But the most important things is to never give up!
scamac1248
Professional
scamac1248
4 years ago by scamac1248
I just watch Netflix or Youtube or listen to an audiobook, podcast, or music or I talk on the phone. My mind just sort of goes into autopilot while making the bracelet so I always have like something else to listen to or watch. You could also work on multiple patters and switch every time you get bored like how Masha Knots does it.
tennistime
Bracelet King
tennistime
4 years ago by tennistime
Try to have something going on in the background: videos, audiobooks, podcasts, tv. You can even be talking to someone while knotting.
Bracelet King
4 years ago by 95033094
If you are trying to sell bracelets, that can be a really good motivation and have lots of bracelets going at the same time.
bethany_me
Bracelet King
bethany_me
4 years ago by bethany_me
I like to pick bracelets that don't repeat often. Then I don.t get bored just doing the same thing over and over again like in a candy stripe or a simple bracelet like that
forsure
Professional
forsure
4 years ago by forsure
Watching Netflix or YouTube and also podcasts always helps me because then I have something in the background. Also find patterns and colors you really enjoy because it will be harder to get bored!