String Brands
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
4 years, 1 month ago by ShivaniS
Hey guys!!
I was just wondering, what are some of the string/thread brands you use (or some of the best string/thread brands you know of), and what their benefits are. Also, could you give a price range?? Just looking into switching the kind I use.
Thanks!! : )
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
I mainly use DMC and Anchor. There isn't much of a difference between them other than Anchor seems be more smoother on your fingers. Both have a nice shine to the strings, and have a wide variety of colours/shades (DMC have more though). You can also combine them pretty well within bracelets, which is a plus especially if you make Alpha's. The main difference is Anchor is slightly cheaper (One skein of embroidery floss is 0.99).
If you want to save money, which is always a good thing, you could try looking into Perle Cotton. DMC have a range of that out there, you get more for usually a cheaper price than embroidery floss.
Crochet Thread is also a good buy, and works well for base strings in Alpha's. One ball is like 3.80 and I can make 15-20 bracelets out of it purely using it base strings. It also works for making bracelets out of too.
Not sure if any of this is some help to you, but I hope it does help in some way. 🙂
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
@Someone_ Thank you so much!! I will definitely look into buying some of these! Just one more question: where did you find them? I live in Canada, so I was wondering if where you bought those would be available here.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
You're welcome!😊❤ I bought them from small and local craft stores. I think you could buy Perle Cotton from Amazon though, I am not 100% sure about that.
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
@Someone_ Alright, thanks!!! This was really helpful, I'm looking forward to trying out some of those brands for my bracelets!
SeaWaves
Professional
SeaWaves
4 years, 1 month ago by SeaWaves
I usually use DMC also along with Le Paon (I got a big back of it for less than 10 dollars for 100 strings). I also sometimes use the packs you can get at Michaels I think the brand is Iris, they are also pretty cheap but I do not remember the exact price though.
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
@SeaWaves Thank you!! I know that a lot of people use DMC, and I think I know the one you're talking about from Michael's. : )
LexiStilli
Skiller
LexiStilli
4 years, 1 month ago by LexiStilli
I don't really know what the brand is. On the box of string that I have says "Athena's Elements" on it, so maybe that's the brand but I don't know.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 1 month ago by KrazyKnotz
I usually use DMC thread. 🙂
LexiStilli
Skiller
LexiStilli
4 years, 1 month ago by LexiStilli
I got it off amazon and it was about 18 us dollars.
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
@LexiStilli @krazyknots Thank you so much!! : )
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
Sorry meant to tag @krazyknots
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
*didnt meant to (oops)
cbb_knots
Professional
cbb_knots
4 years, 1 month ago by cbb_knots
DMC!!! Absolute favorite brand of embroidery floss!! For the other ones I use, I use lion brand
cbb_knots
Professional
cbb_knots
^^ sorry accidentally hit send
cbb_knots
Professional
cbb_knots
I use lion brand yarns mini ball things with metallic strands woven in as well as DMC
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
@cbb_knots Thanks!
ljpierce
Skiller
ljpierce
4 years, 1 month ago by ljpierce
DMC all the way!! They are my favorite, mainly because they don’t fray as much as the other brands, they don’t feel chalky or weird, and they are pretty cheap. I like to get it at Joanns or Michaels. One hint, though, never buy that metallic string. It grays like crazy and it’s so annoying.
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
@ljpierce Thanks!! I guess I'll be going with DMC now 😂 I've heard so many good reviews about it