Slanted Knots
Kalyee
Bracelet King
Kalyee
4 years, 2 months ago by Kalyee
So I recently started my first alpha bracelet pattern and I’m a few rows in and I noticed that my knots look slanted after each row. I’m new and I’m not sure if this is normal or why it’s happening, but any and all information would be greatly appreciated!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
You have to make sure you pull the knots all the way to the top and don't leave space to the previous row. I've got that issue too in the beginning. It's the same knots you'd use for a normal bracelet but you have to keep in mind that you go in rows, not in diagonals.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
I had this same problem when I first started with Alpha's, honestly everyone does at first so don't feel discouraged about that. As was previously said, you need to make sure that the knots are sitting firmly against the previous row, after each knot you could use your fingernail to push the knot up to make sure it's in the position it needs to be or you could use a something with a straight edge (a ruler for example) and use that to push up the row, and see if that helps.
I'm also not sure if whether you mean the individual knots themselves are sitting what appears to be "diagonally"? If so, that is how they are supposed to be. To make them sit a little bit straighter, think of it as a clock - so when you are making the knot pull the string you are making the knot with straight up to "12 o'clock", and hold the base string straight down as you do. 🙂
brr
Professional
brr
4 years, 2 months ago by brr
It also depends on how you start your alpha bracelet, I've found that it ends up pretty straight when starting with a teardrop loop (if you don't know what this is looks up mashaknots video on it). However, the first few rows usually are never the straightest so you should be fine, it usually straightens out after like three or four rows.