string length for BIG bracelets
muddybeetl
Bracelet King
muddybeetl
4 years, 1 month ago by muddybeetl
I know questions about string length are asked a lot and I don’t have a problem guessing string length for 20 or less strings but I’m gonna have a lot of free time for a couple weeks and wanna make a THICK bracelet. I’m talking like 30 strings. I can’t wrap my head around how much string that would take... hypothetically if you needed 15 of one color and 15 of another, how many skeins would that take? I do about 47inches for a 20 string 7 inch bracelet. I just can’t even begin to guess how much for 30 strings...
Again I’m so sorry. I know this is repetitive and I’ve searched and read posts. String from the center of my chest to my extended hand really doesn’t seem like it’s going to be enough for big bracelets.
cheer_girl
Bracelet King
cheer_girl
4 years, 1 month ago by cheer_girl
maybe one each strand could be from one hand to the other 🤔 👍 😘
SeaWaves
Professional
SeaWaves
4 years, 1 month ago by SeaWaves
For 30 string bracelets I usually cut my thread around six feet. That works pretty well for me.
wildcat253
Bracelet King
wildcat253
4 years, 1 month ago by wildcat253
I do usually about 2 and a half meters of string and fold it in half because I make my bracelets the length of my wrist
Pennyofme
Advanced
Pennyofme
4 years, 1 month ago by Pennyofme
I will usually make my strings two times my wing-spanned (arm to arm x2). I do end up with a little extra sometimes.
muddybeetl
Bracelet King
muddybeetl
@Pennyofme just to clarify, i measured across both my arms and got 60 inches . Would you make each string 120 inches? :0 perhaps I should wait till I can go get string specifically for this project lol I hadn't anticipated needing that much.
muddybeetl
Bracelet King
muddybeetl
I'm so shook right now lol big respect to all of you and everyone else making 30 string bracelets
vennix
Bracelet King
vennix
4 years, 1 month ago by vennix
I just cut some strings for a 30+ string bracelet and I cut the skeins into 4 equal parts. You could also try 3 parts to make it a little longer. I’m still working the bracelet so not sure yet if I’ll run out length but that’s what I did so far.
brr
Professional
brr
4 years, 1 month ago by brr
Is this going to be a normal pattern or alpha, cause I've done 30+ strings for an alpha and it's not that bad however for normal, I'd say maybe even three teams your wingspan just to be sure, you might have extra string but better to have extra than run out, you probably will have to buy more string just for this.