Yarns\Threads
LunaHorse
Professional
LunaHorse
4 years, 1 month ago by LunaHorse
What type of threads/yarns do you use ?

I’ve been looking at lace weight thread to try out , but unsure what to go for. As embroider floss just doesn’t have the bright colours I want , as the ones to buy individually are to expensive.

How have you found using lace weight yarns ?!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
For embroidery floss I use DMC and Anchor mainly.
For yarn and crochet thread, I use Sirdar and smaller brands I find here and there.
For perle cotton, I use Anchor.
Size 5 in both perle cotton and crochet thread is best when it comes to making friendship bracelets.
lexinicole
Professional
lexinicole
4 years, 1 month ago by lexinicole
I use either random amazon brands, DMC, Aunt Lydia's crochet thread, or Prism
tamrath
Bracelet King
tamrath
4 years, 1 month ago by tamrath
I've heard really good things about Alize yarn, but I've yet to get my hands on it. I use DMC cotton pearl thread, size 5, and I can make the knots really tight with that. I like it better than embroidery thread for most bracelets.
livife0816
Professional
livife0816
4 years, 1 month ago by livife0816
I generally use DMC threads, but I use coupons like 25-45% off the entire purchase to get them. For Black and White thread I go to Hobby Libby and get the big packs for like 4 dollars. I also use Michaels Loops and Threads craft cord for most of my alphas because its cheaper and I don't want to spend that much on alphas.
livife0816
Professional
livife0816
4 years, 1 month ago by livife0816
I generally use DMC threads, but I use coupons like 25-45% off the entire purchase to get them. For Black and White thread I go to Hobby Libby and get the big packs for like 4 dollars. I also use Michaels Loops and Threads craft cord for most of my alphas because its cheaper and I don't want to spend that much on alphas.
cbb_knots
Professional
cbb_knots
4 years, 1 month ago by cbb_knots
I use DMC and prism and prism has a lot of bright colors like there neon pack which I use a lot...
brachel714
Professional
brachel714
4 years, 1 month ago by brachel714
I use loops and threads (Michael's brand) and dmc. Sometimes I usually go to Walmart and buy the large packs of string and they have good colors and they are affordable
dray
Professional
dray
4 years, 1 month ago by dray
DMC pearl cotton all the way
amelia7936
Professional
amelia7936
4 years ago by amelia7936
does size 3 crochet thread work for bracelets?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years ago by Someone_
You can use size 3, but if you want to combine it easily with embroidery floss size 5 is best. Size 3 is slightly thicker than 5.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years ago by Someone_
@amelia7936 Sorry, forgot to tag you.
verajart
Advanced
verajart
4 years ago by verajart
Hey, so I want to make bracelets styled like friendship bracelets (with motifs, from patterns) only made out of sturdier cord (to sell). I want to use either C-Lon bead cord or Linhasita/Settanyl Brazilian waxed polyester cord. Has anyone had any success with this? It's kinda pricey stuff so I don't want to use it only to find out it won't work at all (also, I'll be devastated if that's the case).
Both types of cord are UV and water-resistant so they can be worn all the time. I'd be making them with a sliding clasp (adjustable) rather than a loop.
So far, I've only played around with embroidery floss and a few of the patterns I like. I want one with hearts and one with awareness ribbons. I think I've settled on two patterns and they're both normal (non-alpha).
I need to buckle down and get to work now that I have all this free time, but I feel like I'm stuck in the planning stage.
I know probably the best thing to do is just bite the bullet and start making these, experimenting with the cord I want to use.
Oh, also, does anyone know how much thread/cord to use per inch of bracelet? Is there a formula to figure that out? The two cord types I want to use are between 0.8 and 1.0 mm, so they're thicker than embroidery floss.
Thank you!!
knotsbybre
Skiller
knotsbybre
4 years ago by knotsbybre
in my opinion, the best thing to use is embroidery floss, as it’s not to thick or anything else. i dont reccomend using cotton string as it snaps supper easily.
Wildfire7
Bracelet King
Wildfire7
4 years ago by Wildfire7
I use Artiste cotton floss. There are lots of colors, it goes on sale at hobby lobby a lot, and it’s pretty strong stuff
Esthe
Advanced
Esthe
4 years ago by Esthe
Honestly, i just use what i can find at the local crafts store 😂
olyfia__
Bracelet King
olyfia__
4 years ago by olyfia__
I want to buy something like pack of good embroidery thread, but in Poland there aren't many good of it. We have something like DMC, but it's 1,5 per one 8m floss (normal colour, nothing special), i think you understand. I haven't seen it in any pack. Do you have any good strings that you can buy online and they ship it everywhere? I really want the DMC thread, but it's too expensive for me (when the prices are changed to currency in my country) 😂
Addie_2010
Bracelet King
Addie_2010
4 years ago by Addie_2010
Are you able to use yarn in bracelets?