multi purpose pattern - keychain and/or ornament and/or bag tag and/or bookmark, ...?
KnowNoKnot
Skiller
KnowNoKnot
3ย weeks, 1ย day ago by KnowNoKnot
Hi,
I'm participating in a kind of secret crafts exchange in December and I'm looking for hints on a good pattern & starts and ends as well.
We're a diverse group of religions, nationalities and genders but luckily we at least all live on the northern hemisphere so I'm considering going with something winter themed.

I'm trying to find a normal pattern (maybe shaped) that could be made so it can be used in a few different ways. In case someone has no use for a bookmark but wouldn't mind decorating their purse or use as car key chain.
I'd say after making around 30 bracelets my skill is maybe late beginner to intermediate on normals. I work with yarn mostly. I don't do 1212 patterns, my bf/fb knots still come out all wobbly.

So 2 questions
#1 any hints on a patterns fitting for winter themes suitable for adults of any gender and religion? 20 stings tops.
#2 any experiences anyone could share on sturdy yet not too bulky beginnings and short but decorative ends?

Oh and I'll have to make 15 - 30 identical-ish pieces, so - I don't know - maybe help for not giving up? ๐Ÿ™ˆ
KnowNoKnot
Skiller
KnowNoKnot
3ย weeks, 1ย day ago by KnowNoKnot
I didn't intend to tag the patters 1 & 2 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ should've known better, being on this site for a while already.
Sorry for the confusion. it was meant to simply number the questions
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
3ย weeks, 1ย day ago by EggMan
Do you have a preference for amount of strings? Either way, here are all the normal bracelets under the keywords "winter snow cold rain" for you to look through.

https://www.braceletbook.com/patterns/?type=n&keywords=winter+snow+cold+rain

You can change the words if you think others would match your search requirements better.

I think any pattern can be made into any of these things, though wider patterns might work a bit better. Also be mindful of the starts and ends you choose for your works, as some work better for different uses. Things that are intended to be hanged (hung?) obviously need a loop of some kind to hang them from. The length of the ends can affect their usability for certain things, though that can be changed quite easily once the piece is finished.

I hope your projects go well, and that you have fun making them. Good luck on your endeavours.
KnowNoKnot
Skiller
KnowNoKnot
2ย weeks, 5ย days ago by KnowNoKnot
Thanks for your thoughts on this! : )