color switching on the edges of alphas
ananything
Advanced
ananything
3ย months ago by ananything
Hi! So I use the straight edges technique all the time, but it looks weird when I am changing colors on the edge! Does anyone know how to fix this?
marie_k
Professional
marie_k
3ย months ago by marie_k
I'm sure there's tutorials on YouTube but I also made a video on Tiktok (@ revolutiomary) you can look the second or third part of my puppy alpha keychain tutorial !
In short don't so the flat technique on the edge, simply slide the previous colour underneath your last based strings and knot the new colour normally. Same thing when you use a new colour at the beginning of the row, just bring it as a new colour without the flat edge technique. Its kinda confusing written down but I hope you can find the video useful !
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3ย months ago by halokiwi
The straight edges technique should not affect colour switches. If it does, are you sure, you doing it correctly?
You need to start AND end each row with a bf or fb knot. That means you have to make TWO bf or fb knots right after each other. One to end the previous row and one to start the next row.

If the problem you are having comes from the flat alpha technique, refer to the answer above. Lots of people confuse the flat alpha technique and the straight edges technique, because many people learned them at once.
KLopez0217
Advanced
KLopez0217
2ย months, 2ย weeks ago by KLopez0217
Thanks I was wondering how to too! @halokiwi
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
2ย months, 2ย weeks ago by AlmaLlama
The video posted on pattern #70431 by @Racoon show you how to do color switches on the edges.