How to keep an alpha keychain from curling
mckenna_cs
Professional
mckenna_cs
3 months, 1 week ago by mckenna_cs
Hello!! I’ve made a ton of alpha keychains. I give them as gifts, and I have quite a few for myself. I’ve noticed that, if they are on keys or are moved around a lot, they can curl up or become less stiff after a little while. Is there a way to reinforce it and give it support? I’ve thought about felt, but is it okay to glue it on the back? If anyone has any suggestions, I’m open to anything!! Thank you!
PiggiePowr
Professional
PiggiePowr
3 months, 1 week ago by PiggiePowr
You could always make a back for the alpha, or also, i like to make my keychain knot tension tighter, and my bracelets looser. I also got like a stiff backing from hobby lobby, it was a sort of stiff fabric made out of threads; sort of like a paracord type thing. 🙂
cole__
Skiller
cole__
3 months, 1 week ago by cole__
some people (including me) sometimes use stiffer material like nanocord to weave bracelets for keychains or anything that needs to stay sturdy! (also makes finishing the bracelet much easier as u just need a lighter and two seconds to seal knots). and yes, like already mentioned by another user, backings are a great option! along with that, this is more time consuming but you can go ahead and weave the same pattern twice and then sew them together to have a firmer piece thats also two sided!
mckenna_cs
Professional
mckenna_cs
3 months, 1 week ago by mckenna_cs
Thank you both so much!! I’ll look into both of these!
Bracelet King
1 month, 2 weeks ago by 4741119
I would try to iron your keychain on a low-medium heat setting.
mckenna_cs
Professional
mckenna_cs
1 month, 2 weeks ago by mckenna_cs
I've never thought of that! Thanks!! (: