how many knots do you use when making the top of your teardrop loop for a 12 string bracelet?
KenzieKnot
Professional
KenzieKnot
3 months, 3 weeks ago by KenzieKnot
hey yall!

I was wondering how many knots you guys typically do for the top part of your teardrop loop when you are making a 12 string bracelet? top part being the part before you start knotting the other strings where you drop the strings if you know what I mean LOL sorry I feel like this is really confusing and I'm just making it worse LOL.

Just wondering cause I can't find a nice number that I like, so I'm just looking to try out what yall are doing for these 12 string bracelets!

Thank you!!!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months, 3 weeks ago by halokiwi
I rarely do loops and when I do, I mostly do what I feel like. I do count my knots, but I don't have a specific number I'm aiming for.

I looked through my bracelet and I found one with twelve strings where I did twelve knots in the loop. I think having the same number of knots and strings makes the loop part and the v part very proportional.
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
3 months, 3 weeks ago by mishka0129
I do the same, often doing it by look and feel depending on the type of string used, the number of strings, etc. But, I would say that a good place to start is generally making the number of knots as strings in the bracelet.
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
3 months, 3 weeks ago by AlmaLlama
I always making it how I feel, so when I think it's enough long I just stop.
But, I don't know, I would say at least 12 knots? But it also depends on your knot tension! (:
KenzieKnot
Professional
KenzieKnot
3 months, 3 weeks ago by KenzieKnot
omg thanks for the tips guys! thats a good idea doing the same amount of knots as per the bracelet!! thank you all!