Sore Finger Pads!
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
4ย months, 1ย week ago by sophlove21
Hi there, I think I went a little too hard this holiday season and a few of my fingers feel raw. My thumb specifically looks like a layer or two of skin is peeling, almost like when you get a callus. Is this just because I did so many long days without enough breaks? Should I be wearing PPE to make bracelets?!?
Now that they're already a little sore, is there anything I should put on them to help them heal better? I'm going to try and find my tub of working hands from my kitchen days...
feiwafeiwa
Bracelet King
feiwafeiwa
4ย months, 1ย week ago by feiwafeiwa
That's pretty normal in my experience. You should start forming a callus soon, which will prevent this from happening again in the future. To prevent this, you could wear a flexible thimble or thin glove, but personally I would just use a different area of your fingers until they heal. Using less pressure and not pulling as tightly also helped me. Feel free to take breaks as needed also!
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4ย months, 1ย week ago by AlmaLlama
You can use a plaster on your thumb and even other fingers when you knot. When you will get more used to knotting, you will don't have to! Btw, I was like that when I've started crocheting! ๐Ÿ˜…
Urbestie
Professional
Urbestie
4ย months, 1ย week ago by Urbestie
You can also use working hands cream if you have calluses it really helps my dad and he has crusty hands lol