Eww. White string gets dirty
alltiedup
Bracelet King
alltiedup
4 months, 2 weeks ago by alltiedup
I just made a 36 string bracelet for my mum and I will never gift it to her. The whites are dingy and seemed to have picked up every stray cat hair, grime or thread fuzz.

How do you keep a white string clean while making a big bracelet. Oh! Or can I toss it in the washing machine?
SheepDog12
Professional
SheepDog12
4 months, 2 weeks ago by SheepDog12
I would put it in a delicates bag and wash it in the was
SheepDog12
Professional
SheepDog12
4 months, 2 weeks ago by SheepDog12
Wash it in the washer*
Conrnelia
Bracelet King
Conrnelia
4 months, 2 weeks ago by Conrnelia
Ipersonally tie my bracelets onto my belt holes in my jeans and wash it that way with everything else or sometimes i use a jewlery bag. And do check your yarn for recomodations with washing. Iforgot one time and the bracelet shrank a lot and inconsitatnt since i used two different brands
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
I recommend you check your bracelet like a few times when you do it so you can see where cat hair/dirt gets into your work. Then you can either remove these from your work, or cut them (the hairs) carefully with scissors. That way you can prevent permanent knotting of hair and dirt in the bracelet.
As for the bracelet getting dirty, I can only say that it is a very common and normal thing. You can always hand wash the bracelet with soap and warm water, or put it in a delicate bag in the washing machine. This will not damage the bracelet in any way!
I hope I have been able to help you somehow! 😊