how do you guys get out of slumps?
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
4 months, 3 weeks ago by JedaKnots
hi! the title basically speaks for itself, but what are you guys biggest tips to get out of a slump? thank you!
Unicorn002
Bracelet King
Unicorn002
4 months, 3 weeks ago by Unicorn002
sometimes i like watching youtube videos or look at instagrams for bracelets, helps inspire me a little bit! also buying new string as well! sometimes it’s best to wait the slumps out, just kinda follow your flow. hope this helps! <33 lots of love
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
4 months, 3 weeks ago by JedaKnots
oh thank you i will try that! lots of love to you too! <3
starevans
Skiller
starevans
4 months, 2 weeks ago by starevans
I have this problem a lot 😭 I usually look at inspiration here on BB or instagram, and see all the pretty bracelets other people are making and decide I want to get back into it. Also, not forcing yourself helps to not develop disdain for bracelet making. It’s okay to have slumps, don’t try and force yourself to make anything.
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
4 months, 2 weeks ago by JedaKnots
thanks for the advice! <3
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
For me works even if I join a BraceletBook challenge (official or unofficial). Basically it helps if you look for some new patterns to make, photos, try to challenge yourself, and maybe try to get done some old patterns from you to-do list! 😊
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
4 months, 1 week ago by JedaKnots
thank you so much i will try that!
t1ffloser
Advanced
t1ffloser
4 months ago by t1ffloser
Usually I just go back to regular chevrons for a bit, personally me when I get in a slump it’s because it takes a lot of time with the bracelets I do so I just pick out some fun colors and make a couple regular bracelets so then I’m motivated to finish my wips and start new ones: )
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
4 months ago by JedaKnots
great idea! i will try that thank you!
aceofseas
Professional
aceofseas
3 weeks, 6 days ago by aceofseas
I usually try creating a pattern for something I like, that hype me up so much because I need to make that specific bracelet right then, so I do it without having to force myself, and then I'm usually motivated to keep working on my wips or start new bracelets 😋😋
aceofseas
Professional
aceofseas
3 weeks, 6 days ago by aceofseas
You could also look for a pattern that gets you motivated, but that works less often for me because they arent something that ~I~ made so they don't motivate me as much, but maybe that's just personal idk
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
3 weeks, 5 days ago by JedaKnots
i’ll have to try that! thank you!
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
3 weeks ago by mishka0129
If I find myself in a bit of a slump I usually go back to easier patterns like chevrons or candy stripes that work up fast to try and get my motivation back up before attempting a more complex pattern.
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
3 weeks ago by JedaKnots
great idea, thank you!
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
3 weeks ago by fishyknots
Buy string, do a pattern you enjoy, watch bracelet videos
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
2 weeks, 6 days ago by JedaKnots
great idea!
goregirl
Skiller
goregirl
2 weeks, 4 days ago by goregirl
The thing that gets me back into it during my slumps is FOMO lol. Looking at inspiration from other creators on social media, pattern ideas, recreating patterns in different colors, and coming back to my “to-dos” that I’ve wanted to do but never initiated helps. Hope you get out of your slump soon 🙂
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
2 weeks, 3 days ago by JedaKnots
tysm! yeah i’ll get on bracelet content again eventually
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
5 days, 11 hours ago by stewon6969
I just got out of a bracelet slump and the thing that really helped me was watching bracelet related videos on Youtube! Try watching videos by Masha Knots! Also, go onto the patterns tab and just browse! You are guaranteed to find something that captures your interest and will hopefully get you motivated and inspired to make bracelets again! You could also look at photos of bracelets on the photos tab to help you get into the groove again! Finally, just talking about bracelets to people in this community is a wonderful way to get inspired and intrigued again! Hope this helps you!
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
4 days, 6 hours ago by JedaKnots
tysm! that’s great advice!