how and where should I sell my bracelets?
naomi1
Advanced
naomi1
5 months, 1 week ago by naomi1
Hey guys, I recently have been wanting to make some money off of my bracelets. I don’t really know where I should sell them. Any ideas? Also what price should I sell them for?
naomi1
Advanced
naomi1
Pls, I need help
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
5 months, 1 week ago by Hylia224
So!
I'm working on getting my stuff on Etsy. Highly recommend this site if you haven't heard of it. There's also Depop and other small business websites
There's also the possibility of creating your own site but I've found that that creates way more hassle this early in the business and there'll be laws involved later on with business growth. In conclusion, starting out, start with an already-setup site just to get traction and so you become known.
(Disclaimer!! I'm coming from a more serious, full-time view so this is all in preparation for this being my full time gig. You don't have to go that route if course but this is just my perspective)
As far as prices, don't set the bar low for customers! I have like a general range of $13-$20. I know the worth of my work and it can be easy to lower prices for whiny customers who don't get how much time and work went into the creation. There will be people who will say they can get the same thing for less somewhere else. Fine, if that's their prerogative, go for it, but I know how much time and love went into it that you can't get from bigger business.
I price them higher for intricacy and amount of colors, strings, and time. $13 is like a base and is more for like chevrons and simple diamond patterns while $20 is more for personalized, almost imagery style patterns.
I hope this helped and I wish you the best on your business journey! 💛💛
naomi1
Advanced
naomi1
Omg, thank you soooo much. This is was so helpful
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
Wonderful!!! I'm so glad it helped! 💖
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
Also! Just be aware that if you use a site already setup, like etsy or something, they'll charge you for listing your products, and there'll be deductions when you sell stuff, because that's how the sites make their money, so that's another reason to set higher prices, just to make up for deductions and fees
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
5 months ago by sophlove21
Definitely check sites like etsy for prices of bracelets that seem like they're similar quality/complexity as yours.
Shopify is a good option if you'd like to "make your own website" more than Etsy allows you.
If you are only looking to sell them as a hobby and not as a full or part time job, see if there are craft fairs in your area! Usually there's a fee to reserve a table; depending on the size of the event this can be 50-300, sometimes more if you're at a con or something like that. You can make a really good amount of money in just a few days though, and it's a great way to network with other creatives in your area as well as meet people who love your work!
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
5 months ago by sophlove21
Depending on where you live, there also may be shops you can sell your bracelets on "consignment". Basically, someone who already owns a business rents you a small space in their building, and you style and stock that area. A lot of antique and jewlery stores are like this. You would have to probably have a lot of ready-to-sell items as well as steadily putting out more product for this though, more of an end-game option but it's there!
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
People sell bracelets on Etsy (which is the most popular), Instagram and maybe even Facebook (but I'm not really sure about the last one 😂).
megod19
Skiller
megod19
2 months, 1 week ago by megod19
I recently started to offer my service to my friends and family via Instagram/facebook. Thery choose a pattern and a make it. I donate the half of the money for a charity. I started in the beginning of the year and i have already 10 orders.
Bracelet King
2 months, 1 week ago by 4741119
I sell at school for pretty cheap prices cause country people don’t pay etsy prices lol my keychains range from $2.50-$15, bracelets $1-$20, wall hangings $10-$300, bookmarks $10-$30
caitspurs
Skiller
caitspurs
1 month, 2 weeks ago by caitspurs
A few years ago I signed up for a local art show in my town and I sold them there along with other jewelry. depending on the town and the size of the booth, it may be a little pricey to buy your spot/table for the fair but I did it with a friend and it was a lot of fun!