Problem with diamonds
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
6 months ago by funkyXtina
Does anyone else have a problem with the symmetry of a diamond? Mine either look good or really bad! I don’t know if it’s my tension or what? Please help
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
6 months ago by KrazyKnotz
I actually have this problem too when knotting normal bracelets, so I would be interested to know what users say. 😅
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
That’s interesting because your bracelets always looks symmetrical and everything
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
I hide it by angling my photos. 🙈

That is why I never take my photos straight on. 😅
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
That’s smart! You smart 😊
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
I find that just taking the photo at a slight angle rather than straight on makes the bracelet look a little neater and camouflages the flaws. I always take a bunch of photos so then I know at least one of them will turn out okay. 😄
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
Happy to know I’m knot the only one that has this issue
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
6 months ago by mishka0129
Do you find that consistently one side of the diamonds is off? Like the side where you have to tie the backwards knots is wonky, or is that inconsistent as well?
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
If you check my photos you can kinda see some of the patterns I’ve done with diamonds. I think it’s more the bottom of the diamond and the backward knots
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
I’ve also noticed a difference between segment knots and row by row
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
5 months, 4 weeks ago by fishyknots
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I think all diamonds have the tendency to widen at the top and narrow toward the bottom, because when you make an inverse you're knotting away from the center while making a chevron you bring all the knots together. Btw, your bracelets are incredibly neat and pretty!
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
5 months, 4 weeks ago by funkyXtina
Aww thank you. I feel as though every bracelet gets a little better. Currently working on a big pattern.
feiwafeiwa
Bracelet King
feiwafeiwa
5 months, 3 weeks ago by feiwafeiwa
This happens to me too! The right side is always a little looser. In my case, I think it's due to tension differences--I use slightly different techniques with each hand. I'd love to know if anyone has a solution for this
beccamarie
Professional
beccamarie
5 months, 1 week ago by beccamarie
i've tried to segment knot the top half of the diamond while holding the base string downward. and then knotting row by row when it comes to the bottom half. I think they turned out more even 🙂
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
I also have this problem sometimes, but what I do is to straight up the knots with my nail, so it's neat and quite symmetrical. It isn't perfect, but for me it works. 😊
I also recommend if you want to try this to make your knots a little bit loose, so you can straight up the knots more easily.
Hope I've answered your question! 😊