how to get out of a slump?
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
6 months, 2 weeks ago by fishyknots
I’m in my first slump and it’s awful 😭

Do you have any tips on how to get out? Thanks so much!
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
6 months, 1 week ago by mishka0129
Whenever I hit a slump I like to go back to the basics, like a chevron or a candy stripe in my favourite colours and about 8-10 strings. It works up fast and looks great when complete. That usually helps get me out of my slump. Hope you're out of your slump soon!
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
6 months, 1 week ago by gaily_gal
when i was in a slump, i tried continuing any small and simple WIPs (i had a ton lol) which really helped me out in getting back into the flow of making bracelets and stuff. also this might be a personal preference thing but maybe knot normal patterns first as there’s more variety of knots and knot structures and if you’re doing alphas, probably have only 2-4 colours with minimal color switches.

hope this helps!
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
6 months, 1 week ago by fishyknots
@mishka0129 @gaily_gal thank you! I think I'm about to get out of a slump today!
funkyXtina
Bracelet King
funkyXtina
6 months ago by funkyXtina
I’ve been challenging myself with bigger patterns. Currently working on @vikas_daga #158690
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
6 months ago by fishyknots
thank you everyone! fortunately, I'm out of a slump now so i'm good to go!
rstring5
Bracelet King
rstring5
5 months, 3 weeks ago by rstring5
honestly, i just go for it! the best way to get back into bracelets is to just try your best. doing small projects usually get me started again, but it’s different for every person!
feiwafeiwa
Bracelet King
feiwafeiwa
5 months, 3 weeks ago by feiwafeiwa
I go for something easy and low-stakes. Symmetrical 8-strand normals are in my comfort zone, so I pick a pattern and use colors I like but don't love so making a mistake won't stress me out.
naomi1
Advanced
naomi1
5 months, 1 week ago by naomi1
When I’m in a slump, I look back on bracelet book and find some more patterns. Then, I pick a cute and easy one and do it.
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
I know you made this topic 2 months ago, but in case you get in a slump again...here I am! 😂

I've recently got out of a slump, which was from September trough the middle of December, sooo yeah... 😭
What I did this time was to join a challenge, so that can be helpful.
I also did a lot of festive patterns, now related to Christmas/winter/new's year so if you do festive patterns related to a season/holiday may help you.
You can also try to challenge yourself with different goals.
Andddd the last one (which I think all of us did) is to watch some YouTube videos to inspire you!

Hope I could help someone else or even you in the feature! 😂 😊
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
4 months, 1 week ago by fishyknots
@AlmaLlama oh tysmm that’s very helpful!