Start and End for Pattern #152169
a-sdfgh-j
Advanced
a-sdfgh-j
7 months, 2 weeks ago by a-sdfgh-j
Pattern 152169 is going to be my first time reading a pattern and not just following a video tutorial, and because of that I’m unsure what start/end to use. Especially because it’s not a loopable bracelet. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
7 months, 2 weeks ago by Hylia224
If you know how to do a loop or fancy start, go ahead. If you don't, I would just start with a knot a couple inches higher than the end, braid or twist the loose ends, knit that and just start knotting. I wouldn't learn a fancy start right away if you haven't already, since it's your first pattern-reading bracelet
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
7 months, 2 weeks ago by Hylia224
*knot that* not knit
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
7 months, 2 weeks ago by halokiwi
I'd start with a slanted start (like a half triangle start) with knot one of row one being the first knot you do. The dark green diagonal at the start of the pattern would be the top edge of the bracelet.

But since this is your first time reading a pattern, I would not recommend starting with a shaped start. You can just start from the top of the pattern without doing any fancy start beforehand. Just make sure you have enough string left over at the top to make your ties 🙂