QUESTION: Should I get my bracelets wet?
bOOk_nerd1
Advanced
bOOk_nerd1
9 months, 2 weeks ago by bOOk_nerd1
I recently made a single wave bracelet and wore it in the pool a lot, and now it's kind of, what's the word: FURRY. I just wanted to hear other people's advice on if you should get your bracelets wet or KNOT, *badum-chinggg* (no pun intended) and if there are certain brands of thread you recommend for durability. Tysm in advance!!!
cadencevan
Professional
cadencevan
9 months, 2 weeks ago by cadencevan
I wet them if I forget to take them off when I shower or go to the lake. With my experience they turn "furry" as you wear it. I try to always take them off as they can be very drying when they get wet and sit on your skin wet for longer. In 2019-2020, Id tie them around my ankles I started doing it in the summer and didnt cut them off till march of 2020. Id wash them with my luffa and all but geez louzie when I cut them off I was SO DRY
glupinerd
Bracelet King
glupinerd
9 months, 1 week ago by glupinerd
I regularly get mine wet while washing my hands or if I'm outside during the summer and sweating a lot. I mostly use cotton thread and I haven't noticed any issues. On the contrary, after running them through the wash in a delicates bag I've noticed that they became much softer and nicer to the touch
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
9 months, 1 week ago by emilyyy307
So I have ones that are tied to my wrists that I call “permanent” that I sleep with them on and even when I go swimming but my other ones that have adjustable knots o try my best knot to get those wet. But it’s honestly what you want sometimes if you get them wet the can get fuzzy or the color starts to fade.
stephxc
Advanced
stephxc
9 months, 1 week ago by stephxc
my boyfriend wears bracelets i made all the time. the oldest one is about 9 years old. still looks fine. sometimes he takes them off and even washes them in the s
stephxc
Advanced
stephxc
9 months, 1 week ago by stephxc
washing mashine.
xc2024
Professional
xc2024
9 months, 1 week ago by xc2024
i never take mine off. when they wear out, its time for new ones lol
kambri1224
Professional
kambri1224
6 months, 1 week ago by kambri1224
I’ve had a bracelet on for a couple months and I don’t take it off, even in the shower, because I made a wish on it. It might seem different as time goes on, but i haven’t seen that problem.
rstring5
Bracelet King
rstring5
5 months, 3 weeks ago by rstring5
i’d say you shouldn’t if you can prevent it! it’s totally fine if you do but i think try to keep them dry or else the colors may fade, or it might get more vulnerable,,
feiwafeiwa
Bracelet King
feiwafeiwa
5 months, 3 weeks ago by feiwafeiwa
I try not to get mine wet, but it happens. I've found that the "furriness" happens over time, even if the bracelet is kept dry. However, if you leave the ties as plain string and don't braid or twist them, they can sort of felt together and become hard to untie. I don't mind this, but it's something to keep in mind.
Kayla517
Professional
Kayla517
5 months, 2 weeks ago by Kayla517
I’ve went swimming with mine on before and they ended up being fine, I think if it’s a average bracelet I’d be okay with it getting wet meanwhile ones that took more effort with lighter colours I’d avoid water with so it doesn’t get stained.
speaknow
Advanced
speaknow
5 months, 2 weeks ago by speaknow
I wear mine in the shower and swimming and they’re fine. I had an incident with pumpkin insides a few weeks ago and thought my brackets were ruined but a quick wash with soap and water, and they were fine. Just make sure to moisturize your wrist/ankle and you should be good.

(yes I know I’m late to this topic)
_badbish_
Bracelet King
_badbish_
5 months, 1 week ago by _badbish_
i have an anklet that i’ve had on for a year and a half and it’s always on and still going pretty well but on my wrist i have two right now one is almost a year old and the other is 6 months old but before i had some on for over a year over time they wore down but it wasn’t too bad
-JUNIMO-
Advanced
-JUNIMO-
5 months ago by -JUNIMO-
Mine just fade I’ve never had the problem of it getting furry but maybe that just cuz I chop them off every month or so