Could I segment knot this?
freakshow
Skiller
freakshow
10ย months ago by freakshow
Is there any way to segment knot a pattern like 149945 or anything similar? I donโ€™t see a way to, but if there is one Iโ€™d like to know.
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
10ย months ago by fishyknots
It's kind of hard to segment knot 1212 patterns, but for the one you mentioned above, maybe you can knot it in reverse candy stripes. For example if you start at the rightmost knot on the first row and work your way diagonally left until row 9.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
10ย months ago by halokiwi
I would not call this a 1212 pattern @fishyknots. Those usually consist of only or mainly fb and bf knots. Pattern #149945 has a large amount of f and b knots and also does not have the typical appearance of a 1212 pattern.

For this pattern, I'd knot it in a sort of zig-zag. Rows 1 to 10 I'd knot like a backwards candystripe and rows 11 to 20 I'd knot like a forwards candystripe. You just follow the diagonals that you would follow when knotting a candystripe, but you do the knots the pattern calls for. When there is a knot between two strings of the same colour, you can change it to a b or f knot, whatever is more comfortable and goes with the flow at that point.