alpha tips
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
10ย months, 4ย weeks ago by leviOsa_09
hey! Iโ€™m attempting my first alpha and I got to a point where i am done with a color.

I was just wondering what others did with the extra string from that color - just cut it? Tie a knot then cut it? I didnโ€™t want to mess it up, so figured Iโ€™d ask.

And if anyone else has other alpha questions feel free to ask them here instead of making a whole new thread!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
10ย months, 4ย weeks ago by halokiwi
I usually cut them after I have knotted a few rows afterwards. When I started making alphas I used to make knots between different ends in the back, but that really isn't necessary.

It is best to make separate forum topics for different questions btw to make the forum easier to navigate. It is also important, that the title of the topic gives clear information what the topic is about. For this one you could for example have chosen 'what to do with ends of leading strings?' or something similar.
parzudia
Professional
parzudia
10ย months, 4ย weeks ago by parzudia
@leviOsa_09 if you use flat alpha technique i have some tips! im not sure if it will work with non flat alphas because i never made non flat alphas.

if your color is ending on the edge of the bracelet, just use needle and tie a little knot on one of the threads in the back(you know that ones that make your alphas background a bit messy) and then you cut it off and done!

it your color is ending somewhere in the middle you can just cut it off, it will not untie it its flat alpha technique. its similar with colors that end somewhere near the edge but not on the edge; just cut it off and apply a bit of glue or clear nail polish to seal the thread to prevent form untie-ing(?sorry english isnt my first language im not sure how this word should be spelled).

and remember, to cut off your previous color from bracelet, you should knot at least 1 or 2 additional rows before cutting out the thread or it will untie

i hope it helped โค๏ธ