how do i stop the colour of the string that goes "behind" from poking through?
heav
Advanced
heav
11 months, 2 weeks ago by heav
oftentimes, when i go to tighten a knot, the wrong colour pokes through. sometimes this happens only after i've done everything around it making it impossible to fix. no matter how tight i make everything, this keeps happening. how do i prevent it? it looks messy and wrong in the final product.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
11 months, 2 weeks ago by halokiwi
Is this in normals or alphas?

In normals, just pull on the string that is not supposed to show and it should disappear.

In alphas, are you referring to the base strings or the leading strings that show through? If you are referring to the leading strings, are you using the flat alpha technique?
heav
Advanced
heav
normals. sometimes i can fix it temporarily, but it often "comes back" at the point where it's too late to just fix it, and also the knot often ends up being too big. how do you prevent this?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
When knotting, pull the string you are knotting onto tight. Don't pull the string you are knotting with too tight. This will prevent the knot from ''flipping''.

Keep that in mind, when doing knots after that knot as well. Don't pull the string too tight you previously made a knot with to avoid the previous knot from ''flipping''.
heav
Advanced
heav
huh, really? cool. i assumed everything should just be as tight as possible. i suppose that's not true?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
It's about the balance. If you pull the string you are knotting with super tight, but don't have lots of tension on the string you are knotting onto, the knot will ''flip''.
If you pull both strings equally tight, it will probably be fine 🙂
heav
Advanced
heav
ah, that makes sense. i'll experiment a bit with tension.
mayamarino
Professional
mayamarino
10 months ago by mayamarino
how do u fix this with alphas? Especially when I am switching colors, I always see the previous color poke through.
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
10 months ago by fishyknots
@mayamarino I just pull on the previous leading string and that should fix it.