piles and piles of unfinished bracelets
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
1 year ago by fishyknots
Help! I start a ton of bracelets and never finish a single one! Either I don't like the colors, or just get bored, or completely lose motivation! How can I reduce this so I don't waste all my string?
Dragon77
Professional
Dragon77
1 year ago by Dragon77
Hey!! I do this ALL THE TIME. I have a bin in my room of unfinished projects. The advice I can give is make sure you like the pattern!! If you like it, you’ll want to finish it. Also, don’t start many bracelets at a time. It will probably take longer to finish the
Dragon77
Professional
Dragon77
1 year ago by Dragon77
Them*
Dragon77
Professional
Dragon77
1 year ago by Dragon77
That can lead to no motivation to finish. Whenever you’re bored, just work on the bracelets you have started!! (Also sorry for the multiple messages - I accidentally pressed send loll)
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
1 year ago by fishyknots
@Dragon77 thanks!!! I’ll try that!
Dragon77
Professional
Dragon77
1 year ago by Dragon77
Of course!! I honestly need to take my own advice lol
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
1 year ago by leviOsa_09
yea i agree .

what i also do is try to make something for a challenge or a friend, instead of just because. i've often gotten halfway through a bracelet and then just gotten bored and ignored it for a month

that happened a few weeks ago with pattern #5608, i got through 2 repetitions of the pattern and forgotten about it. i found it later after it had gone through the wash 😂
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
1 year ago by fishyknots
@leviOsa_09 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Laradogs
Advanced
Laradogs
11 months ago by Laradogs
I hope this helps but I just choose random and I just go with whatever I pull out!
Rowsitt
Bracelet King
Rowsitt
10 months, 4 weeks ago by Rowsitt
i also have this “problem” if i don’t rly feel like doing it, i’ll put it in a box and then if i can’t find a pattern i want to start or just don’t want to start sth, i’ll complete it. if i don’t like the colors, then i’ll cut the strings off and save them for scrap thread and then just throw away the bracelet. it happens ig 🤷
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
10 months, 2 weeks ago by emilyyy307
When I have unfinished bracelets I decide which ones might actually turn out good if they are I’ll put them in a separate pile and if they aren’t good I’ll cut off where I started so it’s just string and put the string back. With the ones that were good I find a day I’m not doing anything and grind while watching movies
irib
Bracelet King
irib
9 months, 1 week ago by irib
I think almost every person ever has experienced those kinds of feelings LOL personally I try my best to romanticize bracelet making and think about how great the product will look in the end.