ALIZE FOREVER/ FOREVER SIMLI YARN REVIEW
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years, 4 months ago by BeadGirl16
Hey everyone! I just got some Alize Forever and Forever Simli yarn from a place called yarnstreet.com last week and just wanted to share my first impressions with y’all.

WHERE CAN YOU GET IT? You can get it off of Etsy, Ebay, Amazon, a Turkish site called Hobisitesi, and Yarn Street (which is where I got it from).

HOW MUCH DID IT COST? At Yarn Street, they sell the Forever for €1.20 (about $1.33 USD) and Forever Simli for €1.50 (about $1.67 USD), plus shipping. I got 1 ball of Forever and 7 balls of Forever Simli for €11.70 ($13.01 USD) and shipping was €8 ($8.90 USD) for a grand total of €19.70 ($21.91 USD).

HOW MUCH YARN COMES IN ONE BALL? The Forever has 327 yds and the Simli has 305 yds.

HOW THICK IS THE THREAD? I was really surprised when I opened the package how thin the thread is. It’s quite a bit smaller than DMC embroidery floss, but it seem to be pairing fine in the normal pattern that I’m working on, although I am using mostly Alize. Alpha patterns are a different story though. I haven’t tried one yet so I don’t know how it would work.

MY THOUGHTS SO FAR: The colors I ordered are SUPER pretty! I love that the Simli is 10 times easier to work with than DMC metallic thread although not every single knot has the metallic thread showing. You still have to knot the end of the string, but it's so much nicer to work with in my opinion. The one regular Forever that I bought is like a light cream or off-white, but not as dark as ERCU, so I'm super happy with that. I don't for-see running out of this yarn any time soon since they're pretty large compared to a skein of embroidery floss. Also I did notice that the Forever Simli might be slightly thinner than the Forever, but not by much.

If you have anything to add or have a question, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!
AlyKnots
Bracelet King
AlyKnots
4 years, 4 months ago by AlyKnots
Awesome review! Thanks so much!
hannah_0
Bracelet King
hannah_0
4 years, 4 months ago by hannah_0
Awesome! I’ve been wondering about this yarn in def gonna get some!
gross_piZa
Professional
gross_piZa
4 years, 4 months ago by gross_piZa
Thank you for the review! How long did it take to arrive for you?
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years, 4 months ago by BeadGirl16
@AlyKnots and @hannah_0 Thank you!

@gross_piZa It came from Latvia and took about a month to get to where I live in the US.
AwesomeGrl
Bracelet King
AwesomeGrl
4 years, 3 months ago by AwesomeGrl
Can you post a picture of a bracelet that you made with these yarns? I want to see a bracelet before I get them. 🙂
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years, 3 months ago by BeadGirl16
@AwesomeGrl I'm not done with the bracelet yet, but I will try to upload a photo when I am. Right now I'm busy doing other things and I am not spending a lot of time working on bracelets, so I don't know when it will be done/uploaded. @effected has made a few bracelets with the Alize Forever Simli yarn if you want to go look at the photos of the bracelets that she's made with the yarn.
AwesomeGrl
Bracelet King
AwesomeGrl
4 years, 3 months ago by AwesomeGrl
Ok thanks😊!
gisa6
Bracelet King
gisa6
4 years, 2 months ago by gisa6
@AwesomeGrl I do have some bracelets made with those yarns if you want to check them out
AwesomeGrl
Bracelet King
AwesomeGrl
4 years, 2 months ago by AwesomeGrl
@gisa6 Thanks! Were did you get the string in the background of your bracelet #26211 #26048 and #29843?
gisa6
Bracelet King
gisa6
4 years, 2 months ago by gisa6
@AwesomeGrl the first and the last one you said I bought in a chinese shop in Spain and the second one are Alize Diva Melange
AwesomeGrl
Bracelet King
AwesomeGrl
4 years, 2 months ago by AwesomeGrl
@gisa6 Thanks!
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
4 years, 2 months ago by Disney12
Great review! Is there anywhere in the USA that you can get it?
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years, 2 months ago by BeadGirl16
@Disney12 Glad you liked the review. 😊 I don't think that it's sold in the US since it's a Turkish brand. But I haven't scoured the internet much for a more extensive list of places to get it, so if you find any just post the links here.

I did find another place to get the Forever outside of the US, but unfortunately, they don't sell the Forever Simli. https://www.the-knitting-wool-store.com/
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
4 years, 2 months ago by Disney12
Ok. Thanks, @BeadGirl16