no motivation to knot
knotsanna_
Professional
knotsanna_
1 year, 3 months ago by knotsanna_
okay, so hii!
i seriously don’t have any motivation to knot and stuff, does anyone have tips to get out of a slump?💘
lynx123
Bracelet King
lynx123
1 year, 3 months ago by lynx123
Use variegated thread! That always helps me because I set little goals for myself and I'm always looking forward to the next color. I'm not sure if that's just me being weird or if will help anyone else 🙂
yayadude
Bracelet King
yayadude
1 year, 3 months ago by yayadude
Yeah I’d maybe try something new and look on Pinterest and instagram! They can have the cutest photos of patterns! That way you also don’t have to go through finding a pattern on your own. Also watch videos of people knotting- those always motivate me. Maybe Kinsey b or Marsha knots.and find cute patterns that you love and motivate you to create! Hope this helps 🙂
_haileyom_
Bracelet King
_haileyom_
1 year, 3 months ago by _haileyom_
If you can, get some new thread! I got three containers worth of thread for Christmas, and before then I hadn’t really made any bracelets or keychains, but getting more thread motivated me to start making keychains again.
BeachyEm
Bracelet King
BeachyEm
1 year, 3 months ago by BeachyEm
sometimes you just need to find the right pattern. I just scroll through instagram until I find a pattern I liked or a color combo I thought was especially cool! If you still can't find anything, try to look through some bracelet channels on youtube. Especially ones where people rate their favorite bracelets, because then there will be many different patterns. If you still can't find something, go to a friend for inspirations. Maybe they really like dogs, then you can make a dog pattern to give to them! Hope this helps! ❤️
sage-wolf
Bracelet King
sage-wolf
1 year, 3 months ago by sage-wolf
i like making shaped patterns with a lot of changes in the shape to keep me from getting bored, or just any pattern that doesn’t repeat
AAawesome
Professional
AAawesome
1 year, 2 months ago by AAawesome
For me, entering a challenge helps because there is usually a deadline, and I would like to finish my then. Also, you can watch tv or listen to music while knotting cause it is just boring sitting in silence.
Nini563123
Bracelet King
Nini563123
1 year, 2 months ago by Nini563123
I recommend buying new string or joining a challenge 😊
jadynjae08
Skiller
jadynjae08
1 year, 1 month ago by jadynjae08
I struggle to stay focused and I have like 15-20 unfinished bracelets so I set a goal for myself that I can’t start a new bracelet until I finish 4 old ones
jadynjae08
Skiller
jadynjae08
1 year, 1 month ago by jadynjae08
Idk if that would really help you but for anyone else that needs it
Miacatbb
Professional
Miacatbb
1 year, 1 month ago by Miacatbb
Join a challenge!!!
This is so good for motivation.
JedaKnots
Professional
JedaKnots
1 year, 1 month ago by JedaKnots
What worked for me is to find a pattern of something you really like it kinda gets you excited to make it
ArtsyAnna
Bracelet King
ArtsyAnna
1 year ago by ArtsyAnna
Maybe find a pattern that you like and knot it. The other thing I have done is I find one of my friends on BraceletBook and ask them if they want to do a pattern together. We then both pick out a few ideas and decide which of them we like best. Then we will both knot it and post a picture. It is a lot of fun and keeps you motivated to finish it! Especially if you decide to post a picture of it at the same time.
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
1 year ago by Tikilishi
I might be one of the worst people to answer this, (or maybe one of the best! Who knows! Haha) since I'm in a long-term bracelet tying slump pretty much most of the time, here are some things I do that finally get me motivated:

I leave unfinished bracelets at trusted family member's houses. Meaning that the only time I get to work on certain bracelets is when I travel to certain people's houses. It gives me something additional to look forward to doing when I get there, and there's also a time limit on it, because once I leave, then I don't take the bracelet with me. It's basically like creating a specific and concrete window of time to work on it. I only recommend this idea though if you find yourself with a decent amount of alone time or free time at said person's house.

The same concept can be achieved by asking someone to hold certain bracelets for you and they only give them to you during specific windows. The only issue with this one though is said friends might wanna keep the bracelet when you're finished with it, which may or may not be a bad thing 😂

And finally, special occasions. If you need to make a bracelet during a certain time window to give to someone else, or by participating in a challenge like someone already suggested.
evies
Advanced
evies
1 year ago by evies
I have the same problem, I just go through fazes, try looking for a really cool pattern that stands out to you. maybe look on Pinterest, that's a great way to look at some awesome alphas and patterns!
hope this helps ❤️ 🔥
jazzyghost
Bracelet King
jazzyghost
1 year ago by jazzyghost
It comes in phases for me as well. Honestly don't force yourself to create if it's boring or tedious! I was doing that for drawing and that didn't get me out of my drawing slump, just made me dislike making art more for the time.

So, I would say occupy yourself with another hobby for now. Bracelets will always be there for you to go back to 😉
bamboozled
Bracelet King
bamboozled
1 year ago by bamboozled
What I do is find a pattern that means something to me or make my own, perhaps of my dog or duck, that motivates me and i dont know why
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
11 months, 1 week ago by fishyknots
it's totally fine to fall into slumps! some ideas for getting back into bracelets: buying new string can really get you excited! try getting special string like multicolored, sparkly, metallic, etc. and experiment with those. look through photos on instagram or BB to get inspiration. make a bracelet you KNOW you enjoy!