Double Base Strings Alpha Technique
larice20
Bracelet King
larice20
1 year, 5 months ago by larice20
How does the double base strings alpha technique work? Does it make the overall look of the bracelet or keychain look more professional?
ughastd
Professional
ughastd
1 year, 5 months ago by ughastd
do you mean cutting half the number of base strings and then looping them to make twice as many? this makes it possible to make teardrop loops etc. and it’s just easier to cut
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 5 months ago by halokiwi
Some people suggest doubling your base strings, which means using two base strings instead of just one over which you knot. This makes the knots wider and can potential help making the knots the same width as height which would help make the bracelet look more professional, if your knotting looks otherwise stretched.
larice20
Bracelet King
larice20
@ughastd I mean like doubling the amount of base strings and knitting over two at the same time instead of one.
Aussie_Izz
Bracelet King
Aussie_Izz
1 year, 5 months ago by Aussie_Izz
Do you mean when you are making shaped alphas whaen you make one base string two or more?
larice20
Bracelet King
larice20
I mean like doubling the amount of base strings and knitting over two at the same time instead of one
smplyjedi
Bracelet King
smplyjedi
1 year, 5 months ago by smplyjedi
I do this all the time bc my strings are the cheap ones from walmart. What I do is unspool the whole skein, find both ends, and wrap it again to it basically becomes a thicker skein of thread. For me it works because they’re really sturdy and don’t get tangled like when I use single threads. But I guess it’s bc my thread is very thin like cheap craft thread, so I double all the strings, and it works really well.