bracelet pattern looking slanted?
slaterson
Advanced
slaterson
1 year, 4 months ago by slaterson
i started a pattern and this first completion of the rows looked perfect but once i continued it started to look slanted one side higher than the other. will the whole bracelet now be slanted or what did i do wrong?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 4 months ago by halokiwi
Is it a normal or an alpha? I think normals are a little easier to manipulate to be straight again.

In general my advice is to secure the bracelet while knotting in a way that it can't move around a lot and close to where you are knotting and to also make sure you are not pulling too much to the left and right while knotting.
slaterson
Advanced
slaterson
1 year, 4 months ago by slaterson
@halokiwi is it a normal pattern #116408 and i really don’t have it secured well so it goes left and right when i knot that could be it, thank you for the advice!!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 4 months ago by halokiwi
This pattern seems fairly balanced in regards of knot types and it even uses the straight edges technique. So the issue is not with the pattern.

How do you secure the bracelet while knotting?
I use binder clips, which I think are very secure. Maybe you could use that as well or maybe a clip board. If you use tape, you can work with multiple pieces of tape.
fog_horn
Advanced
fog_horn
1 year, 2 months ago by fog_horn
I used to make slanted bracelets as well, and I think what I did was that I read the pattern wrong and accidentally used the wrong string, or I did too many knots because I wasn't paying attention! Hope this makes sense.