Beeswax for Bracelet string? 🐝 page 2
Jewelknots
Professional
Jewelknots
1 year, 4 months ago by Jewelknots
@Tikilishi Yeah maybe, bee wax doesn't dry as fast and doesn't usually harden as much as nail polish so it might collect more dust when it is soft, also it might not flow through your bracelet as well because it is quite sticky... I know what beeswax is like and how it dries but never experimented with it on the string before lol! ❤️
jenni745
Skiller
jenni745
1 year, 3 months ago by jenni745
I think that will work and I usually burn the edges with a lighter and they don’t really unravel after doing that 😅
holly220
Skiller
holly220
1 year, 3 months ago by holly220
i’ve thought about doing this because i have leftover candle wax, but i’d be concerned that it would stay sticky or rub off
sage-wolf
Bracelet King
sage-wolf
1 year, 3 months ago by sage-wolf
im not sure as i’ve never tried it but burning the edges definitely does work!
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
1 year, 2 months ago by Tikilishi
That's so interesting about burning the edges!
@jenni745 @sage-wolf

Because for me, the string starts unraveling on the opposite ends of the string, closest to the knots of the bracelet already tied. So burning the edges probably wouldn't work for my issue lol.
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
(Also if you're super young I definitely don't recommend using fire, a little knot on the end should do the trick, for anyone who's little and who's reading!)
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
@holly220 lol yea that's why I'm kinda afraid to try it lol
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
@Jewelknots thanks for the tips!
ArtsyAnna
Bracelet King
ArtsyAnna
1 year, 2 months ago by ArtsyAnna
I have always used clear top coat for my bracelets. I use DMC and glue didn’t seem to work. I will have to try beeswax!! Since I have the stuff to try it…. I’ll let you know how it turns out!!
Cloud10
Professional
Cloud10
1 year, 2 months ago by Cloud10
It works if you use bertsbees lip balm