Gluing Material on Alpha Backs
NandyPie
Skiller
NandyPie
1 year, 8 months ago by NandyPie
Does anyone have experience gluing felt or material on the backs of Alphas? I’m wondering how well it works and if it sticks on well and lasts? Any tips on the best glue to use? I’d sew it but that seems like an awful lot of extra work especially when there is Color changes along the edges. 😛
Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou 🙂
Wonderbubi
Bracelet King
Wonderbubi
1 year, 8 months ago by Wonderbubi
I don' have experience with that, but it also works if you just cut the strings very short
onarts_
Bracelet King
onarts_
1 year, 8 months ago by onarts_
I use hot glue to stick felt to the back of my alphas, it works pretty well. It does make the bracelet/keychain more stiff but i don't really mind that. I've also seen people use fabric glue.
NandyPie
Skiller
NandyPie
1 year, 8 months ago by NandyPie
Ok Thankyou very much for the reply. Does the hot glue and felt seem to last or does it start to peel off? I think I’m going to give it a try. No matter how short you cut the strings in the back it just never looks quite tidy enough and I’d like to sell them. 😊
smplyjedi
Bracelet King
smplyjedi
1 year, 6 months ago by smplyjedi
I spread the back strings a bit. Then glue on a little felt with regular white glue (like Elmer’s) and it makes it sturdier, and covers up the ugly side.. hope it helps : )
gstrings1
Advanced
gstrings1
1 year, 6 months ago by gstrings1
I use clear nail polish or i use a color thats used a lot in that certain pattern! ( hope it helps ) 👍
marie_k
Professional
marie_k
1 year, 5 months ago by marie_k
I used E6000 to glue felt on the back of my bookmark then cut around the edges to clean it up and it works well ! Just make sure to let the glue dry before touching it. I also had prior to that cut all the strings on the back so there's no lumps. Hope it helps !