failed bracelets
marie_k
Professional
marie_k
1 year, 7 months ago by marie_k
I was wondering... what do you do with bracelets that didn't turned out the way you wish / failed bracelets ?

I don't want to keep mines for nothing but I also feel bad about throwing them away...
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 7 months ago by halokiwi
If they are unfinished, you can cut the strings and use them as leading strings in alphas.
mrs_jordan
Bracelet King
mrs_jordan
1 year, 7 months ago by mrs_jordan
I save them. I just put them in a ziploc bag. Im too attached even to the failed ones.
grimardz
Professional
grimardz
1 year, 7 months ago by grimardz
I keep mine in a wooden box because I don't want to throw away all that string so I used it to stock my unfinished bracelet collection.
feiwafeiwa
Bracelet King
feiwafeiwa
1 year, 7 months ago by feiwafeiwa
It depends on why the bracelet failed! If it's just too short, I end it early and use it as a keychain. If the knots are messed up or the colors don't look right, I just end the bracelet early. I use the remaining string for other projects.
gerling
Skiller
gerling
1 year, 4 months ago by gerling
Save string from failed braclets theres alot you can do with that string
marie_k
Professional
marie_k
1 year, 4 months ago by marie_k
thank you all for your suggestions !
Remah
Skiller
Remah
1 year, 4 months ago by Remah
I uses them as bookmarks
bluesky716
Bracelet King
bluesky716
1 year, 4 months ago by bluesky716
I would keep a few of them to look back on and see how you have progressed and slo it can show you where you made Mistakes so you can try to fix those the next time
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
1 year, 4 months ago by KrazyKnotz
If they are unfinished I usually undone all of the knots completely and salvage the thread. Sometimes I undo it to the loop and try to find another pattern that I could you the bracelet for.

If it is finished, I keep it as a reminder of what I don't like (like the colors I used or the certain color order)
minutcraft
Bracelet King
minutcraft
1 year, 3 months ago by minutcraft
Another alternative: if you’ve finished them, maybe give them away to neighbour’s kids or something.
xc2024
Professional
xc2024
1 year, 3 months ago by xc2024
i give them to my sister or to little kids. typically all the things that bother me about it, others don’t notice
simplyroxy
Professional
simplyroxy
1 year, 2 months ago by simplyroxy
i like to keep every project i make, complete or incomplete 😊 any string leftover from failed/abandoned projects i keep in a box, which i then use as alpha keychain base strings, small amount of knots on alphas, and even stuffing for sewing projects!
fable-
Advanced
fable-
1 year, 1 month ago by fable-
I keep everything, if it was really a failure in the first few rows, save your string! Try it again someday!
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
1 year, 1 month ago by EdenB
bro turn it into a keychain
Blueknot
Bracelet King
Blueknot
1 year, 1 month ago by Blueknot
Unfinished ones get left on my desk, then on top of my dresser, then in a drawer, then tossed into a bag of scrap string. Once I go through my scrap string it gets put into my collection of unfinished bracelets where I pretend it doesn't exist.
Finished ones I put in a box and don't look at until I get my bracelets ready for an event, then I hope it sells and I never have to see it again. Occasionally if it's really bad I'll give it to my one of my siblings or a good friend though.
Penguins24
Professional
Penguins24
1 year, 1 month ago by Penguins24
One idea could be saving them to show how far you have come to look back at later and see how much better you have gotten 🙂