What are some good and cheap places to find thread?
gracie0777
Skiller
gracie0777
1 year, 10 months ago by gracie0777
I enjoy making patterns, but I am running out of string. Where are places that I can buy more? I also want to start wall hangings, but I'm not sure what the wooden dowels are called. Any tips are helpful!
Lamplight
Professional
Lamplight
1 year, 10 months ago by Lamplight
@gracie0777 you can get a pack of string from Michaels called Loops and Threads. It is like four bucks.
Kallycat
Skiller
Kallycat
1 year, 10 months ago by Kallycat
I just looked up wooden dowels on amazon and they have been working great for me!
slayqueen1
Professional
slayqueen1
1 year, 10 months ago by slayqueen1
I really like loops and threads and just random ombré packs from Amazon
Skiller
1 year, 10 months ago by 5000605
You can get a box of like a million different colors of thread from Walmart and I find that the quality is pretty good
Goodtimes
Professional
Goodtimes
1 year, 10 months ago by Goodtimes
I buy value packs from Amazon and so far all have been really good quality
xc2024
Professional
xc2024
1 year, 10 months ago by xc2024
loops and threads or value packs on amazon. i
xc2024
Professional
xc2024
1 year, 10 months ago by xc2024
the only dmc or fancier string i have is stuff ive gotten as gifts from people and i cant tell the difference once they are in a bracelet
gracie0777
Skiller
gracie0777
1 year, 10 months ago by gracie0777
Thanks for the help!
kk221194
Advanced
kk221194
1 year, 9 months ago by kk221194
Try Walmart or the dollar store
kk221194
Advanced
kk221194
1 year, 9 months ago by kk221194
I know Walmart has some and I don’t really go to the dollar store so I’m not sure if they have it their or not
justbecky
Skiller
justbecky
1 year, 8 months ago by justbecky
I go to walmart for my base strings mostly since they are a little rougher and amazon for my finer threads.
justbecky
Skiller
justbecky
1 year, 8 months ago by justbecky
I go to walmart for my base strings mostly since they are a little rougher and amazon for my finer threads.
sacojoh
Professional
sacojoh
1 year, 8 months ago by sacojoh
hi my name is john and i need to find someplace cheap to buy string
350_Johnny
Skiller
350_Johnny
1 year, 7 months ago by 350_Johnny
It might be taboo but walmart for like .54 cents each boundle of string. i always get my hard too find strings from there. also if you dont like going out youre in a lot of luck. amazon sells about over 100 strings for just 5 dollars. i usally get my strings from there and they are really soft and durable anyways so its the best option for you if you wanna stay home and buy some lol. ❤️
Valent1naC
Advanced
Valent1naC
1 year, 7 months ago by Valent1naC
I would say Micheal,Walmart and I found some thread on shein 50 threads for 5 dollars! and at the dollar store but I couldn't find them again !
moth-cult
Professional
moth-cult
1 year, 3 months ago by moth-cult
what’s helped me a lot is going to a thrift store, not a goodwill but like a small family owned one, i can find 115yds worth of thread for 1.50, walmart also has good brands but marked pretty cheap
dojac
Bracelet King
dojac
1 year, 3 months ago by dojac
for anyone else seeing this later, try amazon if you have access to it! there a lot of different brands, and you can get more on there for less than places like Walmart
maddyannt
Bracelet King
maddyannt
1 year, 3 months ago by maddyannt
i love going to michaels bc you can pick out each color you want and it’s .62¢ for each
yayadude
Bracelet King
yayadude
1 year, 3 months ago by yayadude
Buy in packs unless you need very specific colors ! Also I’d say most threads are pretty good quality I’ve found as long as they’re embroidery floss instead of craft thread