STRING SNAPPED!
TomHolland
Professional
TomHolland
4 years, 9 months ago by TomHolland
What should I do if I’m halfway through my 30 string bracelet and one of my strings just snap off, like brake at the end of a knot! I’m in panic mode because it’s taken me 3 days to get to this point! What do I do if I don’t want to start over!
22graffeod
Bracelet King
22graffeod
4 years, 9 months ago by 22graffeod
Was it a base string or a working string? If its next knot is going to be on another string you could insert a separate string of another color and make a knot on the base string like you would with an alpha. If it’s a base string I’m not quite sure, you might have to make a knot of the other color and sacrifice a little bit of the look of the bracelet but only for one knot. Sorry if it’s confusing, hope it helps and that your bracelet is alright!!
TomHolland
Professional
TomHolland
4 years, 9 months ago by TomHolland
Ok,thank you
anggg
Advanced
anggg
4 years, 8 months ago by anggg
yess that happened to me too.. i just tied it back on to where it came off from
shanshines
Advanced
shanshines
4 years, 8 months ago by shanshines
Oh that’s rough
uwucorgi
Bracelet King
uwucorgi
4 years, 7 months ago by uwucorgi
@22giraffed @TomHolland usually if a base string breaks, I like to tape a string the same color as the base strings to the side of the pattern and add it in as if you were adding a string into an alpha, but do a knot with the background color onto that string, bringing it into the bracelet/keychain. Make sure to keep it taped until you do a knot with that string though (if you pull on it too much, it will slip out of the bracelet/keychain which is very annoying). I do this with normal patterns when needed (because alphas are not my thing, I’m bad at them lmao), but I’m sure it would work well with alphas too. Hopefully it works on an alpha!
loafa-
Skiller
loafa-
4 years, 7 months ago by loafa-
Its really annoying, but yeah what they said^
hpuff
Bracelet King
hpuff
4 years, 6 months ago by hpuff
What I do is I will add a sepatate string of the same color to the next sring. (basically it is like adding the next color to your alpha bracelet) If your ends are not frayed like mine usually are then you can tie the string back on. My end usually fray then I do the first thing I said. Hope I could help.
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 6 months ago by unicorns14
Masha Knots has a fixing mistakes video
muirb_xxx
Bracelet King
muirb_xxx
4 years, 4 months ago by muirb_xxx
Hello I’m in this situation too! I’m making a starburst 34 string and my string snapped! I know how to fix it but the string was too small to tie anything onto so I just made it into a keychain! I tried again and it’s going well so far
daisyellen
Professional
daisyellen
4 years, 2 months ago by daisyellen
watch kinsey b on youtube, she has an amazing tutorial on how to add more string!
lexinicole
Professional
lexinicole
4 years, 2 months ago by lexinicole
you can add in the same color of string in like an alpha, I believe Masha Knots has a tutorial on it