Thread???
VSCOforeal
Advanced
VSCOforeal
4 years, 11 months ago by VSCOforeal
Hi I have been making bracelets for a while, like 3 years but I was just now wondering what brand of thread is the best... if you have any suggestions, please post them here!!!
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 11 months ago by Margaron
It’s really a personal preference thing. Some people like craft thread, some prefer embroidery thread some prefer crochet thread or wax thread. Some people like a matte look and some don’t. I personally like regular embroidery floss and am not too picky so I generally just buy a big pack from Walmart. BUT looks wise DMC and J and P Coats are good quality and have an almost satin finish to them that makes them really pretty... if only Walmart sold giant packs of them and not just singles!
VSCOforeal
Advanced
VSCOforeal
4 years, 11 months ago by VSCOforeal
@Margaron Yeah I usually get it from Walmart but some people have said that that thread breaks really easy... So I started this conversation!!😂
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 11 months ago by Margaron
@VSCOforeal I find the embroidery floss from Walmart is fine but craft thread which can also be bought in big packs at Walmart snaps easy for me. The only embroidery floss I’ve had that snaps easy for me is stuff I’ve got at the dollar store lol. 🤷🏻‍♀️
PuPotato
Bracelet King
PuPotato
4 years, 11 months ago by PuPotato
I usually get the packs of colored craft threads from Michaels (Loops and Threads brand), and then I also got a large spool of the DMC crochet thread for base strings for alpha - a lot thinner than the other stuff but much cheaper.
hjowens
Skiller
hjowens
4 years, 11 months ago by hjowens
DMC is definitely the best in my opinion and completely worth it! The big packs from Michaels aren’t bad either. It’s really just depends on your preference and what you find works best and looks best for you. I suggest trying outs brands and types and just seeing what you like.
Chica2020
Bracelet King
Chica2020
4 years, 11 months ago by Chica2020
I've never used DMC. I usually just use the stuff that comes in packs from craft stores. I honestly prefer the craft cord to embroidery floss. Never tried Walmart thread though.
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 10 months ago by unicorns14
Embroidery floss has more brands and colors but they fray easily. Craft thread has less colors but they are easier to work with.
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years, 10 months ago by BeadGirl16
@Margaron I found a big pack of 105 skeins of J and P Coats embroidery floss at Walmart for about $10 USD. The variety was pretty good and it comes with some variegated.
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 10 months ago by Margaron
@BeadGirl16 I’m literally going to Walmart right now lol I’ll take a look, last time they had a brand called friends forever which has a nice colour selection but I’ve found after wearing it a while the cotton is pilling which I’ve never had on a bracelet before.
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 10 months ago by Margaron
My Walmart still only has friends forever which I wouldn’t really recommend for anyone wanting to know! Lol 😂
lizbethx
Bracelet King
lizbethx
4 years, 10 months ago by lizbethx
I bought thread from amazon and it’s pretty good. I have also purchased a packet from hobby lobby and I have purchased some from Walmart
graciesoup
Skiller
graciesoup
4 years, 10 months ago by graciesoup
aliexpress has a wide selection of embroidery thread for really cheap, and they usually have coupons too! i got a 100+ pack for like $5 with free shipping and the thread had never snapped for me.
noranora-l
Bracelet King
noranora-l
4 years, 10 months ago by noranora-l
Dmc is my fav brand
cclark2006
Advanced
cclark2006
4 years, 10 months ago by cclark2006
If you are looking for some cheaper thread Amazon is a great spot to look!