length of base for an alpha
tehehe2546
Professional
tehehe2546
2 years, 11 months ago by tehehe2546
How long should I make my base strings on an alpha bracelet??? The bracelet I'm making is 17 strings btw...
onarts_
Bracelet King
onarts_
2 years, 11 months ago by onarts_
The strings should be the size of your wrist plus the string you'll need for the ties, I usually make mine arround 25-30cm because I prefer that they end up being too long than too short. Also if you are going to make a loop remember that it should be that twice.
tehehe2546
Professional
tehehe2546
2 years, 11 months ago by tehehe2546
@onarts_ thx!!
mhfw04
Professional
mhfw04
2 years, 11 months ago by mhfw04
it all depends on the pattern!

if it is a wall hanging, I would go with the length from the tip of your middle finger to the crease of your elbow.

for a bracelet, I would go with an arms-length ( from the tip of your middle finger to your shoulder or the middle of your chest)

for a keychain, it all depends on how long it is, I would say any length between a wall hanging or a bracelet for how long your thread should be!

I hope this helps 😊 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
2 years, 10 months ago by Hedgehog23
If its a bracelet then I usually wrap the string 3 times around my wrist, 1 time for actual bracelet, and the other 2 times for the ties on both sides, but if your doing a loop you will have to change it a little bit.
lxstchild
Bracelet King
lxstchild
2 years, 10 months ago by lxstchild
for a keychain, I would make the base half the size of your wingspan + 3-5 inc. . For a bracelet, I would make it wingspan + 5-6 inc. .